Argyle

usa :: boston :: general

hey - going to boston with a few friends this upcoming wkend (May 18 - 20). looking for suggestions on what to do at night -- cool bars/clubs/parties???

Im in Boston for a week, any suggestions on where to go?

newbury street has Stel's, cool place for APC and other stuff. it also has Riccardi's if you want Nudies, Evisus or something.

there's Proletariat in harvard square and I think the guy who owns the place comes here.

someone else has this avatar? wow that's weird. it's from the Notorious LINCOLN achewood strip.

paging stuckonstupid

hahaha thanks for the suggestion yanni...and good luck with your avatar

found a new better avatar, calm down fellas :)

Stel's has Nom de Guerre and APC

Riccardi [NOT Riccardi's] has Evisu, Nudie, PRPS, Replay, Yoropiko, RMC, 575, True Religion [including the new Japanese selvedge stuff]....And that's just jeans. They also have Dolce & Gabbana, Comme des Garçons, JUNYA WATANABE, Great China Wall, Prada...just tons of great stuff

Im such a Riccardi whore.

riccardi is pretty cool although their markup on some of the items i have to disagree with.

if you want some stuff more along the lines of streetwear and sneakers i suggest bodega, a fairly new store only been open for about one year..

Headporter

ACR

10DEEP

Sbtg

fiberops

and some other labels as well.

ive heard of bodega...isnt it a boutique thats behind like a coke machine?

yeah i've been planning to visit alen bliz for a while havent gotten around to it yet

and bodega isn't really my thing anymore but the secret door is kinda cool

edit: has anyone visited the uniform store i heard they have some fred perry and penguin stuff might have to stop there before spring

its actually called uniform boston sorry its right off newbury on tremont i think its 511

havent been myself but i want to soon

and i didnt kno the tannery sold cp's what section sells them do you kno?

I am looking for a roommate or roommates (preferably no more than 3) to move in together in september. Recent graduate, have a job in government center area, clean, easy to get along with, like to bike, and looking for an affordable place that is in a decent location.

Perhaps considering living in East Boston (rent prices are much cheaper) in studio style loft, looking to pay around $800-900 a month.

I'd say craigslist is your best friend here. If you're going to be working in government center I'd say places on the green line in brookline or allston are also good bets.

if I may suggest something, perhaps changing your username and re post again? No one would wanna live with someone who chooses scwanger as his username. Again, this is just a suggestion.

Good luck.

before i left college last year i used to go to hot gossip. they got prtety bad by the end of my senior year tho in temrs of how hard it is to book. its an asian hair salon on newbury.

bump because I'm going to Boston next week and need to get my hair cut. Looking for a trendy (but not ridiculous) asian salon. I'll check out hot gossip.

theres a place called "Hair Story" on brighton in allston, right on the corner. the guy that cuts there is a jacked asian guy with a bleach blonde permed mullet down to his waist. i've never gone to him...but i bet he's good