Anyone know of a good peacoat?

theory

i think those are pretty standard peacoat buttons. at least the utilitarian ones are normally those buttons. but i also wouldn't be surprised if it were spiewak or some other regular non fashion brand

I just used "huge buttons" to refer to those specific ones which doesn't really make sense in retrospect. Those exact buttons there look like the ones on a Spiewak coat I tried on recently that looked very similiar in most respects to that coat otherwise as well.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ thats a nice coat... does it have any back vents? also, since i'm a larger person, if i was to order this, how would i tell my sizing. they say measured by chest, but is that similar to measuring for a suit? cause i know i'm a 42-44XL in most suits.. (american measurement).

where is this company based out of?

Is There a nice OLIVE GREEN Peacoat? more slim fitting? Help me find bros!!

I am looking for the same thing... slim fitting for a 34in chest. does not even have to be a true peacoat, just wool and a good color military green.

i saw this ndg coat in the store yesterday but did not bother trying it on, it looks pretty much like a typical boxy surplus pea coat and the smallest size is medium.

fw07_looks_page_05.jpg

^^ thats a nice coat... does it have any back vents? also, since i'm a larger person, if i was to order this, how would i tell my sizing. they say measured by chest, but is that similar to measuring for a suit? cause i know i'm a 42-44XL in most suits.. (american measurement).

where is this company based out of?

Yes, it has a back vent.

Same as suit measurements. It's pretty fitted, as pea coats are naturally fitted by nature. Although they are slightly bigger to accomodate for winter layering.

of course, but i have a kenneth cole peacoat thats basically like wearing a large wool sack. no vents, no tailoring, very boxy. plus, after dry cleaning it, it was considerably thinner for some reason. i did wear it through the rain a lot when i was in london for a couple weeks last winter, so it might have worn it out by the time it had been cleaned.

This link has better pics:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/avirex/0007/

Schott pea coats are very thick and heavy (they are made of 32 oz. wool). You may want to try one on before buying. Most Army Navy stores should stock them.

they're very nice in the oxford grey too. damn. wish i knew if the army navy stores around here weren't as redneck as i assume they are, and i'd be happy to go check (gangly and tall, very obviously jewish kid in a army navy store HAH).

these coats are american made though?

EDIT: i would rep you for the avatar. i can't place my finger on the name, but i have many vivid memories of that image from a long time ago.

they're very nice in the oxford grey too. damn. wish i knew if the army navy stores around here weren't as redneck as i assume they are, and i'd be happy to go check (gangly and tall, very obviously jewish kid in a army navy store HAH).

these coats are american made though?

EDIT: i would rep you for the avatar. i can't place my finger on the name, but i have many vivid memories of that image from a long time ago.

The Schott pea coat is made in the USA. The website is www.schottnyc.com They have a store locator, so you can probably try one on before you buy, although the best prices are online. (try galaxyarmynavy.com)

My avatar is a cartoon image from the 70's of the Mexican Camacho mythological creature, which Supreme adopted for a t-shirt.

I got the oxford grey color instead of black.

The Schott pea coat is made in the USA. The website is www.schottnyc.com They have a store locator, so you can probably try one on before you buy, although the best prices are online. (try galaxyarmynavy.com)

My avatar is a cartoon image from the 70's of the Mexican Camacho mythological creature, which Supreme adopted for a t-shirt.

awesome.

they have them in the next town over. maybe ill stop in next time im working up that way (the place i occasionally work at is across the street from this army navy place)

i doubt they'll have my size, but ill check them out just to make sure.

will rep you when i can. thanks again.

anyone know who makes a peacoat with this type of collar? or know what it would even be called? i'm about to go through the whole thread though x:

1176376361_0.jpg

Actually, I've been looking for the same thing too. I don't really like the flat collar look. I was hoping for something mediumish long, slightly slim fitting, with the curved collar. Tell me if you find something.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that both the long and short "original navy" peacoats before about 1978

have a really nice slim fit to them.

So if one were to go vintage, the fit is really quite nice and modern.

I tried on the peacoat supreme did this season and it fit me shockingly well. I figured the fit would be really shitty and I expected not to lke it, but it was really damn nice. The styling is very minimal and classic and it's made of moleskine which is cool because it's water resistant. I'd say it's a pretty solid option for a classic somewhat slim fitting peacoat.

Just picked up a Spiewak Dugan peacoat -- I like it a lot.

Maybe I'll get pics up later

I'm supposed to be getting mine in the mail today.

I tried it on at a store after having ordered it and found to my dismay that its rather boxy, which I was warned about. Also, the sleeves are a bit short, but if I choose ot keep it I can get those tailored.