ipod classic vs zune 120  

23 members have voted

1. 1. ipod classic vs zune 120

• ipod classic
    • zune 120

both are 120gb

both have about 30hr battery life

both have equally shitty software

I can't decide... why do you prefer one over the other?

what happened to companies like Creative? :(

I miss being able to copy and paste music into the mp3 player and set to go

they do but nothing hdd based anymore... I'm looking to have at least 80gb so I can have all my music on there

I guess I'm slightly leaning towards ipod since I already have an iphone and plan to get a mac sometime in the future... but yes I'm on PC right now and I hate iTunes so much

Indeed, what kind? I've never had a problem with the quality of my classic. I hardly see anybody carrying a classic either...

I dunno what Microsoft's coverage is for the Zune, but you might wanna take that into consideration too. The Apple Store is awesome for letting you just bring in a trashed one and replacing it. I had a hard-drive go for shit due to some crappy 3rd party speakers, and they took it back no questions, no receipt or anything (gift from an ex).

Heed Money Tuff though; iTunes is so unbelieveably shitty on PC. I only use it when I need to put music on the pod.

Indeed, what kind? I've never had a problem with the quality of my classic. I hardly see anybody carrying a classic either...

I dunno what Microsoft's coverage is for the Zune, but you might wanna take that into consideration too. The Apple Store is awesome for letting you just bring in a trashed one and replacing it. I had a hard-drive go for shit due to some crappy 3rd party speakers, and they took it back no questions, no receipt or anything (gift from an ex).

Heed Money Tuff though; iTunes is so unbelieveably shitty on PC. I only use it when I need to put music on the pod.

i have a zune 8gig that i got for FREE

i think it sucks. Software is pretty unintuitive compared to itunes, the navigation system to listen to songs on the device is not as good

sound quality is poor, as is the quality of the stock headphones... battery life is less than advertised.

only good things are swapping songs wirelessly and FM radio

forget the zune, ms trash.

:(

I have a zune 80 and I think its way better than any of the previous ipods that I've had. Even though the software is pretty average I do like alot better than itunes which is complete garbage. Agree with a previous post though, drag and drop with no required software would be so much better.

Maybe its possible to completely format either one, then install a pocket version of windows or another OS on it? Bypass the need to deal with any crappy software.

iPods work great on a PC so long as you dont even install iTunes. WIndows treats your iPod like a flash drive and you can copy whatever you want to it.

Downside is you don't get EG artwork but that's not a biggie to me. I don't really like iTunes anyways...

Get the ipod. If you hate iTunes so much then you can download a program called Floola which you dont need to install at all. Just download it from the website, open it up and plug your ipod into any computer and you can drag anything on or off it

so I bought the ipod classic and the zune 120 today... but the zune is for my little brother, who is apparently convinced zune is better in every way

the zune build quality is kinda sucky compared to ipod, so I'm happy with my choice, thanks dus