next big sneaker brand for 06'

tokyo someday

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: don't be so damn hard on FEIT their shoes have absolute amazing quality

Agreed on the quality...I got a pair through a friend earlier this year and they are extremely well made (vibram sole, soft pig skin on the inside, fantastic quality leather upper) and comfortable as hell...but the appearance is just off. There's something about the hard blocky lines that makes them look like they were designed in MS Paint. If they could maintain the quality and tweak a few things (esp the outsole and toe) they'd be amazing shoes, but they're not doing it currently.

Not feeling Visvims or RTFT at all either though.

Weren't Vans already the 'big' brand of 05? Some more high quality output from them would be nice to see though.

• 1 month later...
Quote:

i seriously think that New Balance will be huge in 2006.

i have an account with them for my shoe store in the bay area, and let me tell you..

their 06 tier 1 line is hands down some of the highest quality stuff i've ever seen in sneaker form. the materials to the craftsmanship. it's pure quality. and the designs are getting more and more up to date with what nike has been doing with it's SB line.

so yeah, my prediction.

NB in 06.

:)

-k

--- Original message by kiya on Dec 28, 2005 09:43 PM

I thought last year was new balance's year!

just busted these out after keeping them deadstock for a long time, these will be an amazing summer shoe.

DSC02643-709687.JPG

I think new balance will need to step up as far as styles go. I personally am sick of seeing 574/576 colabs...even the 580 colabs are getting old. Would kill to see a 1300 colab. Although bringing the 575 to the western hemisphere was a good idea.

nike sb is dead imo. The new colorways are so bad. Last year sucked too. 2004 was the year for nike. Minus the og colorway of the stabs, i'm not buying anymore nikes this year.

Asics are what new balance used to be, easy to find sick asics on ebay for like 10 bux.

1733-199737-p.jpg

and reebok definately stepped up the game with the ventilators. even the regular colorways this year are great. was in the reebok store in philly yesterday and was really tempted to get a pair.

adidas will always be on top of the game. those new snakeskin superstars are great. adicolors look cool as well.

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

The Addidas Beckenbauer series and the new Natases are just amazing, as are the Laver vs. Natase shoes. And I really want a pair of the Ali shoes. Actually, nearly the entire Adidas lineup is cool. I've never really gotten into the Nike SB thing, but some of the premium Blazers and Vandals are pretty cool. I'm sure plenty of people will still buy into the whole quickstrike mentality (great marketing on Nike's part,) but hype can only take you so far. And Reebok has definitely stepped up its game this year. Puma has got to take a year off altogether.

once they hit... Supra's are going to be it for me.

I'm that guy that's never owned a pair of Nike's in his life,

and lately I've found myself slipping.. almost, not quite,

touched some pairs a couple of times at the usual NYC

spots. But, someone has smiled upon me from on high

and my switch to the dark side has been averted.

I will, however, always make room for Spring Court,

Double Identity, Alife, and a couple of the upcoming

Adicolors.

Quote:

dunlop and puma. ain't nothin fresh coming from these people really, puma maybe like 3 shoes?

but dunlop suck. only one style of shoe the fxcking green flash thats played out within the indie scene and all the trendo boys.

--- Original message by witts on Dec 29, 2005 06:17 PM

Oh shit, Dunlop has shoes still.......I was being sarcastic, backfired on me

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/