Japanese construction boots

Marcus

A friend of mine in NYC has some he bought in Japan. The black ones look awesome with some pants tucked in and a black long sleeve t.

You definitly won't see anyone else wearing them too often. But I bet you gotta get used to the split toe though....

Edited by Marcus on Dec 4, 2005 at 10:38 AM

I had a pair of Jika-Tabi for a while, and while they're super comfortable I found them really difficult to wear. Japanese workmen have these huge pantaloon workwear trousers that are specially made to be worn with them which tuck around the top of the boot somehow and tie up around the calf, but they don't translate well when you wear them with your jeans. You just end up messing up your hems.

• 1 year later...

Jika-tabi or jikatabi? I'm picking up a basic pair in black next week. Gonna size up and winterize them for the wonderful Wisconsin weather.

Sou-Sou - http://www.sousou.co.jp/other/sale2007aw/ - makes some nice tabi, I like these the best.

w72585619.jpg

They also have some sneakers with the same type of fasteners in the back without the split toe.