Favorite Podcasts

chronoaug

Do any of you guys listen to podcasts? I never have really looked into them until using them for sports talk lately. I was wondering if you cats had any cool ones you know of. Sports, fashion, music, comedy, random chat, etc.....

I post this because i'm about to drive home for the weekend and with holiday traffic it'll take be about 3 hours and don't feel like using my cds.

Ones i've listened to before myself and via my friend:

Basketball Jones

BS Report with Bill Simmons

Tirico and Van Pelt

NBA Today

Football Today

Bob Dylan's podcast (occasionally)

I don't have any others really. Would be interested. Am posting here because supertrash gets more views than culture. If a mod feels it needs to be moved, that's cool.

read a book -----

You read books while walking or driving? I'm not ready for books on tape yet although i have friends who swear by them for long trips

My top background distractions while working:

SMODCAST: Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier just talk about random shit (literally and figuratively, it can get kind of gross when Kevin Smith goes into extreme detail about his sex life, hemorrhoids, and anal fissures.) But he is undeniably one of the greatest storytellers ever if he can make such topics engaging.

The Ricky Gervais Podcast: These cost money, but you can jack them from a torrent site.

Retronauts from 1Up.com - Staff editors at EGM, 1UP, and Wired engage in intelligent conversation about vintage and retro videogames.

This American Life: is amazing, but I have a hard time multitasking while it's on, it requires your full attention.

after reading this repetitive list i believe now more than ever that there are not enough good podcasts out there.

I listen to the following, none of hich have been mentioned before i doubt you will enjoy them all but you should enjoy some of them at least:

- Friday Night Comedy from BBC Radio 4

- Escape Pod

- Music Weekly

- Cool Hunting Video

- this WEEK in LAW

- Law in Action

- Tiki Bar TV

- The Mitch Benn Podcast

- the fabric podcast

- Monocle

- TEDTalks :

- The Secret Policeman's Ball

- In Our Time With Melvyn Bragg

- ShotsRingOut/30Music Podcast

- One Life Left's Podcast

- Escape Pod

- From Our Own Correspondent

- Men.Style.com: Fashion, Gear & Style for Men

- New Yorker: Fiction

- Stephen Fry's PODGRAMS

- Mr. Deity

- The Bugle - Audio Newspaper For A Visual World

- New Yorker: Comment

- transitions's Podcast

- TateShots

- gdgt weekly

- Armstrong and Miller - Timeghost

- The Collings and Herrin Podcasts

- The Perfect Ten with Phill Jupitus & Phil Wilding

- KCRW's Le Show (Harry Shearer)

- KCRW's Global Gig Guide

- Tuned In with KCRW's Nic Harcourt

- New Humanist Podcast

I listen to:

Beatport Burners

Digital Soundboy

Hospital Records

Joachim Garraud

Mark Ronson

what are these? just kind of radio stations of a bunch of 'eclectic' music or what?

i listen to the guitarnoise podcast, a lot of good info on music theory and tips for practicing guitar more efficiently. pretty interesting but i couldn't listen to too many podcasts regularly as i have a lot of music to listen to already.

whats this american life all about?

• 1 month later...

i want some more hip hop. sayword, whatup

I would really enjoy this as i'm too lazy illegally download new hip hop stuff and haven't had time to check new artists.

download some comedians routines

these are an excellent way to kill time during a drive

I tried this over the break on various car/plane/bus/train trips and is good. The sirius station raw dog is pretty good for killing time with both good and laughably bad acts. Perfect for traveling with friends