HELP! I'm confused about washer settings...

Le Dirte

So I'm home for thanksgiving, and my plan all along has been to wash my jeans this weekend. Theyre 6 month old APC hipsters and I cant wait to wash them anymore. My parents washer however doesnt have just a hot setting, it only has a hot/cold or warm/warm setting. I have no idea what this means and was wondering if anyone could help me out with what settings i should set it at for maximum fading. Anyone does anyone know about what soil i should put it at? Heavy, light? Ahh, these new washers are super confusing when your used o old laundrymatte ones.

Happy Thanksgiving SF

hot/cold means it will wash them in hot water, drain the water after about 10 min, and then rinse them off in cold water

i guess heavy, light refers to the amt/time of agitation? my washer doesnt have it, but in that case heavy agitation will result in the most fade.

if you plan on drying them, dont shock them with heat. start with the lowest heat setting (or even an air dry setting) and slowly work your way up to the cotton setting.

thats what i do, i like extremely faded jeans

other people here ONLY hand wash and hang dry. so dont take my word for it

I'll make it super simple for you.....

Here's what you have to do to achieve maximum fading. Wash on a Heavy cycle with a Hot/Warm setting. Do not turn them inside out, turning them inside our and washing them on a Cold setting is what you want to do if you are trying to retain the color longer.....

Hope this helps, I'm not sure if your jeans are RAW or not but make sure you wash them alone or with other denim.....

"....refuse to be led."

higher temperature means more fading, I'm not sure which is the ideal temperature to wash APC's in though. Nudie's look the best after a 60 degree wash, but APC's might not have as deep color, I'm not sure.

I would love some before and after pictures!

oh, I would not use the dryer, I'd rather hang dry. It won't affect the indigo but it will affect the cotton.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Quote:

If i washed them on warm/warm and didnt turn them inside out, would that plausibly have the same effect of washing them in hot water with them turned inside out?

--- Original message by Le Dirte on Nov 24, 2005 12:38 PM

Turning jeans inside out also avoids getting fine wrinkle marks or 'crow's feet' (aka 'zampe di gallina'). This can occur when the jeans are scrunched up and ridges of the crinkled denim get abraded during the wash.

However, some people like that effect, so take your pick icon_smile_wink.gif

Edited by ringring on Nov 24, 2005 at 01:02 PM

• 2 weeks later...