BAPE winter coats

halfpintsherry

To get anything decent from BWS you're going to have to queue - it opens at about 11am (usually 11.30) and you need to get there at least an hour before to be in with a chance.

Most winter coats are going to set you back upwards of £350. They don't get many in but I've been told the Goretex snowboarding jackets are going to be dropping in the next couple of weeks. They'll probably retail around £500.

They don't even seem to know what delivery they're going to get from one week to the next, and delivery days are from Wednesday to Saturday so patience is required.

You could always try calling to see if they've got anything in. Number's 0207 494 4924. They won't mail order anything until after noon.

If you're not so bothered about Bape the Hideout next door has got some sick coats. Acronym, W Taps, Neighborhood and more. Check www.hideoutstore.com

Hope that helps

G

Buy a decent Gore-Tex jacket without BAPE on it and save yourself a fortune and a load of hastle. don't be a sheep! ;)

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

You're welcome. Before you try Bape, you'd be doing yourself a favour checking out MHI round the corner in Great Pultney Street. Superb quality, limited runs and well priced.

You should be pretty well informed to make your own decision then.

In my mind you're only a sheep if you let people like Guy H dictate what you should and shouldn't wear.

G

It's Great Pultney Street. Don't know the number but if you walk down it from Beak Street it's about three quarters of the way down on your left. You wont notice it until you're on top of it, so keep your eyes peeled. It looks like it should be the entrance to a solicitor's office or something, although it does say DPMHI in the window.

Have a look at www.dpmhi.com, although they haven't updated it in months for some reason so none of this season's stuff is one there.

Just in case you do get lost, the dpMhi store phone number is: 0871 218 0260.

I've not bought anything from this dude but he has an ebay store and I guess his stuff is legit (the price points are about right?):

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-Bathing-Ape-Tokyo

I did e-mail him a while back about some jackets but he never gets in size XL. If in doubt, ask the guys on this board and they will help out in identiying if its a knock-off. I doubt his stuff is fake though.

There is also The Concept Shop, a reseller store based in HK that carries lots of BAPE stuff:

http://www.conceptshop.com.hk/

If you would like to check out some of dpmhi's collection online, try Caliroots under Mhi:

http://www.caliroots.se

My fave item in the collection is the Mhi Wing Jacket and the Fishtail jacket. Saw them last weekend and they are great, nice winter insulation and reasonably priced in the store.

Check out the Freshjive jackets as well. Digital camo variants.

Hideout also received the new Neighborhood M65 jacket but available in size M only.

Good luck.