The Perfect Trenchcoat

lucky_cloud

this seems like a joke but, im going to strongly disagree with the above statement. this would mean that burberry, viktor & rolf, etc. and every other trench coat with a belt fits poorly.

imo trench coats without belts look too much like lighter versions of peacoats and seem to lack form to an extent (appear a bit like long boxes).

maybe i phrase wrong.

the ones that you don't need to wear a belt for.

I tried on a prosum trench a couple of years ago, it was the navy one with guld buttons, it fit huuge, even though i sized down it looked like a tent. Had to check the tags to see if i had taken it from the burberry london rack at the store, but no it was prorsum. So maybe they make different cuts aswell

i picked up a bill tornade trench in paris last may. Great construction and details. good modern fit. reasonably priced, i think around 150E on sale...

http://www.bonnegueule.fr/bill-tornade-spring-summer-08/

(by the way...this blog isnt too bad if you happen to speak french)

pic of it on a french sufuer

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1054505&postcount=52170

in any case... this brand is really reasonable and they make some great stuff. too bad its not really available in the states

otherwise, if you're a solid 38/39 like myself, try the new banana republic one.

for $200, the S fit me pretty well. and i see it for like $100 on ebay every once in a while.

It's not that good. Material is pretty flimsy, construction doesn't seem solid. Won't keep you that warm. The Monogram one is better, though I don't think it warrants its $450 or something retail tag.

Tim hamilton had a cool reversible one (not necessarily classic) this past spring that was interesting and seemed to fiit pretty well. I was thinking about it come the gilt sale.

• 1 month later...