small questions thread - trash edition.

cyberPUNK

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've tried like fuck to make those chuck steak packs work when i'm broke or low on groceries. can sear it, braise it. always comes out like charlie chaplin style.

i live on sunny side eggs and rice.

when i want to toss it up, treat myself for a job well done on living, i have hamburger helper.

or 4 dollar chuck steak cooked gourmet style with care and attention. mmmm hmmmmm

I put salt, pepper, garlic powder. Coat it with whatever oil I have at the time.

I make the sure the frying pan is hot enough to set off the fire alarms. I have the oven preheated to 550 or so.

So yah, I sear, the salt and pepper gives a nice crust maybe 5 minutes each side. Then I take the steak, still in the frying pan, and put it into the oven.

give it 2-5 minutes depending on how i feel each side. et voila a ghetto ass feast. served with worchestershire.

I actually do the same thing with a more prime cut but serve it more rare. With cheap as chuck steak it kinda lends itself to a medium, medium well.

Guest Phrost

why do injuns (re: not bro) smell so rancid? i step on board the subway and this waft of bo mixed with rotten sewage knocks me on my ass. i regain just enough consciousness to look for the culprit, and lo and behold, it is an injun.

is it really b/c of the food (curry/spices) they eat?

really? they're small scandinavian blue people who only have 1 blond cocktease to fap to and an economy based on fishing. their nemesis is a seemingly pederast, balding wizard named gargamel.

This is sufu except more Aznnsss!

but gargamel rocked julius so he's cool in my book

im so mad at japanese brands right now.

ESPECIALLY yuriuzzzzzzzz

plz make sleeve and garment lengths longer

plz dont make a size 4-5

i need size 2!!!!! just make longer

plz

dammit

and i need more o' dat olive colored shit

more.

and number nine + dbss, always too boxy and short

and lad musician is like shortest of them all

im done wit em.

i move on.

im savin upz for leatherz and bless. who with me????

why do injuns (re: not bro) smell so rancid? i step on board the subway and this waft of bo mixed with rotten sewage knocks me on my ass. i regain just enough consciousness to look for the culprit, and lo and behold, it is an injun.

is it really b/c of the food (curry/spices) they eat?

i pos repped u. i agree wit dis. but i really want to neg you now because i hate you.

the answer is FOBs. Indian FOBs are from a smelly country and thus are accustomed to rancid odors. Indian FOBs ALWAYS eat Indian food. Usually smelly veggie shit, and THEY NEVER WASH THEIR HANDS. They also don't wear deoderant, because they don't know what it is.

also, fuck you, i eat curry and smell like vanilla.

I know, it's actually previous level shit. But I was suggesting it for your next level peasant status feast.

Also, is mass' avatar supposed to be Choi Min Sik? Or Edward Norton?

You guys should consider those 12 pack jenny-o frozen turkey burgers. 12 for about $6-8, low fat/calorie for those trying to size down 1 more on apcs, and you can dress it up in a variety of ways to keep it interesting. BBQ sauce, bacon, blue cheese, fried egg, teryaki, pineapple, pesto, etc... I live off that shit. My roomate and ex-girlfriend make fun of me. Not as cheap as ramen but pretty solid.

Fuck, i need to do that. I always want fresh basil, parsley and stuff but it's expensive in stores, plus they don't last that long. Need to clean up the back porch for my herbzzzz

yeah, fuck buying basil at a supermarket. TJ's has a $2.99 pack that is the biggest I've seen, but honestly, I fill up a whole colander to the top with basil once a week, for freeeeeeee nigguh. I'm on that Italian flat leaf parsley, oregano, and cilantro tip as well.

sufu herb club......??

I have a cilantro, rosemary, parsley, and basil plant on my balcony.

Was tired of paying like 2000 yen for 3 leaves of basil near my place.

Anyway, everything is pretty much dead/dying now except the basil...but even the basil's stem is slowly but surely turning brown from the roots up. Where did I go wrong?

basil has a short growing window unless you prune it back and keep nipping the buds back and retarding it from going to seeds, but the leaves will get smaller and smaller as it gets on as well. You might've overwatered it or something, herbs should stay pretty dry. I tried and tried to grow basil overseas as well, and they just died on me year after year. I think the main idea is to transfer them to a large pot with lots of room, basil will grow root bases as wide as the plant itself, or more.

*I learned a lot of herb growing technique from actually growing herb

yeah, really quickly that. Cilantro really only tastes best if you just sow a whole bed of seeds, and just tear them up roots and all when they get to like 8". It's like lettuce or something. If you let it get on, the leaves turn mad bitter and stink too much for eating.