A picture is worth 1000 words... or neg 27 rep

dasper

Thanks for the link but I dont really care to appeal the neg rep... I posted in superculture because I was more hoping to get a conversation going along the lines of the variability of classically accepted usages of journalism/documentary photography in society. Also when I made the thread I hadnt fully figured out how rep worked so I thought the mofo neg repped me 27 seperate times. Whatever, its 5am

lol I wasnt trying to bitch, like I said I was hoping to open a discussion about the percieved acceptability of 'real life' situational images used in different contexts. Maybe it came accross as a bit bitchy though, wasnt the intent.

Infact I have 3. I guess I overestimated the conversational aptitude of the average Superfuturer, I thought it might be possible to have a chat about the societal functions and boundaries of various genre and forms of visual communication but instead I just get contacted privately by a bunch of hypocrites continuously bitching about my bitching. I now know to keep the discussion along the lines of "yo dem jawnz is lookin sick. no homo.".

Infact I have 3. I guess I overestimated the conversational aptitude of the average Superfuturer, I thought it might be possible to have a chat about the societal functions and boundaries of various genre and forms of visual communication but instead I just get contacted privately by a bunch of hypocrites continuously bitching about my bitching. I now know to keep the discussion along the lines of "yo dem jawnz is lookin sick. no homo.".

Here's the thing,

If you actually wanted to stimulate a good talk, you would have done so...

I was planning on doing an entire BUMP! series with a mix of work but if im gonna get mad neg rep then fuck it

... but you don't.

Your whole fancy societal discussion idea is just a cover-up for your bitching, is it not?

I was looking to judge opinion and create a discourse based on my experience posting the first pic. If everyones opinion was negative then I wouldnt waste my time here as I have plans for further projects along the same path.

I didnt know how rep worked here and thought it was a serious thing and made this thread to see if the photo concept was majorly out of line on SuFu for some reason and what people thought of it. It was explained to me like rep was ebay feedback by the guy I copped my FlatHeads from so I thought it was like having -27 feedback on ebay and I seriously violated some SuFu rules or some shit with the BUMP! idea but now I see thats not how it works.

Fuck, it aint a cover up for anything.

Im not reappropriating the purpose of photojournalism, im simply using it beyond the classical boundaries. The basic purpose of spreading information and awareness still holds true for the images and my future plans for the BUMP! concept.

I dont see how these images would help with the online selling my boots (that was my girls major point, that people would think its inappropriate and get wierded out hurting the sale), it was just that the concept came to me when I had to bump the FS thread so I figured id take it live and possibly get some feedback.

I dont think that photojournalism has to be limited to traditional news outlets, various vehicles can be used to convey the information.

As for taking the image out of its original context, well thats a general problem with photography. As soon as the image is captured and published it is out of context.

what the hell your still going on about this? your idea sucks.

what the fuck does bumping a thread have to do with photojournalism?

wish i could neg rep you again

Bumping the thread has nothing to do with photojournalism, the concept is for an exhibition + something that actually has to do with fashion, hence posting the pics here. I figured id drop them randomly to get some feedback but no one seems to understand. Maybe thats a good thing.

Anyway its obvious this thread is going nowhere sooooooo im out