Toms shoes

monstruo

they had some kind of special on cnn or something a few months ago on these. apparently the guy makes them to give away to third-world countries, and until recently has just started making a profit on these. pretty cool idea

Guest youkinorn

They've been big around Austin for a while now. They are terribly ugly, in my opinion. And made in China (which seems a little off to me, given the humanitarian aspect, or whatever).

i'm not sold on buying mass produced shitty canvas shoes at stupid prices under the banner of charity. not to mention the fact that charity isn't even all that worthwhile anyway.

its a well marketed, well meaning initiative. but its also really stupid. or its a fucking scam.

every hipster in sydney has been wearing these or some form of shitty slipper for at least 2 yrs. i cnt wait for it to die.

same goes for brisbane. i have a pair of applegators that an ex gave me, i wear them around my unit complex and, at most, to the local shops. however, i have worn kung fu slippers for nearly all my life, i grew up on acreage and no joke my mother used to buy them for me and her to wear in the yard when we had to go outside to do something. i'm a big fan of the proper, you-can-only-get-them-in-one-store-in-all-of-brisbane-and-hardly-anyone-knows-where-that-is-and-i-certainly-don't-go-telling-them, really low profile, gold cup "proper" kung fus and always will be.