Moderation

Corbin Law

After reading that pretty lame topic about that guy trying to sell his worn in SB's, i think that we really need some moderation maybe we do have mods, (chad and wayne) but ive never seen them. some threads need to be locked to avoid the constant flames that get sparked over and over again. As long as we have someone unbiased that cares about the future of the forum heading up this moderationlike.......which is why i say tragic bliss for moderator!

chwa?

I dunno, you might get scammers posting "lol" in 50 threads, then throwing up some FS items... could just add to clutter.

No shortcuts to good moderation... a pretty thankless job from what I've heard from mods/former mods on other boards

There are definitely some repetitive and flamethrower threads around that could use a firm hand.

ask a cassowary

Ban them! =D

As much as I like NT and shoes, it is annoying to see SF being flooded by newbs because people have been "educating" NTers about denim.

And before I get flamed or accused, I am and have been an nter but I have been reading SF for quite some time now and even registered before this infestation had begun.

if anyone wants to nominate themselves as a moderator for a particular forum then we will look at their post track record and put the nominations before all the members to see if any other members want to raise objections... [this would no doubt be an entertaining thread]

i tend to think that the members on this board do a great job of self moderating so we have kept a bit of distance and only really step in for moderation if things really gets out of control... despite what some people think, we do get to read a lot of threads but we've hardly got hours to spare with a toothcomb dealing with every post...

anyway i'm not sure deleting posts or users really makes much difference... so there is a limit to what moderator can actually do... other than lock threads that go warped....

i like the idea of automatic user deleter based on members feedback though not sure how technically possible to do this...

superfuture1

http://superfuture.com

The Supershopper section should really have a FAQ thread and be made a sticky. I wonder if this msg board has the ability to make threads a sticky? Anyways, I see people asking the same thing over and over and over again. Moderators, please consider making one.

Quote:

how about an automatic system:

put a button next to the message, and if it's an inappropriate message people click that button.

when a number of people (maybe 10 or 50) find the message inappropriate the user gets banned for a week.

--- Original message by Geowu on Oct 11, 2005 06:49 PM

I don't think it would work very well since there are so many people on here you would need a very high number(ppl could just click on every post to be an ass or whatever) which in turn would make it not very usable. I think it would be better to have a report button on every post, would be a bit slower maybe, but at least it wouldn't get exploited in the same way.

tally-hoo

Quote: even registered before this infestation had begun.

you registered Aug 27th, 2005. the "infestation" began on Jan 1, 2005.

ringring for moderator. and someone start doing ip checks on the multiple usernames/shop owners. so obvious.

i KNOW YOU, and you know me,

it's the SOB story, the SOB story...

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=22326654

Edited by sr20det on Oct 12, 2005 at 05:43 AM

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind moderating if no one obejcted and I had the help of a few other people.

There have been some pretty questionable posts as of late. I think there def. should be a buy/sell forum and some guidelines as to what you can post on here.

Obviously you can't delete threads because you disagree with whatever brand / idea / thought is behind it. But this forum is called "SuperShopper" so, whatevs...

http://www.tragicbliss.com

I also realise what the intention of this sub forum intentionally was. but it definitely has taken on a form of it's own (mainly interesting denim discussion) and the consensus obviously shows things are a bit out of hand right now.

Edit; Aaaaaaand, another vote for the minimum posts before thread making idea.

The important thing before I report in... my position.

Edited by meditation on Oct 21, 2005 at 02:48 AM

i vote for the minimum posts idea to and for the separate section for buy/sale.

and moderators, isn't it possible to delete the members who own their own '' clothing line'', consisting of 4 tshirts or something, if you read most threads, u can spot those people easily.

btw where to set the minimum post limit? i mean, some people on here have like 23 posts but have been st for ages, they just read a lot and only post sometimes, but most of those people still know a lot and i think shouldn't be forced to post lots more just to be able to contribute to st.

for all the new people who ask stupid questions: use the search button, read a lot, u'll learn very quickly, cause there is a lot of info on this site, good luck!

''Don't be afraid to do stupid things, cause íf things wouldn't be stupid, everyone would be doing those things ''.

Edited by RobbertJan on Oct 21, 2005 at 09:34 AM

Edited by RobbertJan on Oct 21, 2005 at 09:35 AM