screwed by paypal

eldave04

I sold some stuff on ebay, and a buyer "didn't receive" an item. I have all the receipts proving that I did ship it, when I shipped it, but because I didn't use a tracking number (which I had no idea I needed to), paypal automatically rules in favor of the buyer. I removed the funds before the buyer opened the complaint, so technically I didn't lose any money, but now my account is frozen.

Anyone gone through this before? Is paypal going to go after me for the missing funds?

Learn from me: a) paypal is stupid B) always ship /w tracking.

I think you will have a neg balance, and they will force you to pay up.

I had sold an item for over $250, i shipped the item and i forgot to ship the item with delivery confirmation, the buyer did a credit card chargeback. Even though i shipped with tracking #, i was forced to pay back the amount because i didnt ship it with delivery confirmation for the buyer to sign before receiving the package. They credit the amount out of my balance. They told me if i didnt have enough paypal funds that i would have to write a check out to paypal for the remaining amount.

yes, my wife got screwed over by a buyer who had apparently pulled this shit before.

threatens to give bad feedback/pursue action til money's returned. then, once my wife was essentially forced to return money, the buyer added + feedback.

we're kind of done with ebay/paypal.

Yea, i fucking get nervous everytime i sell shit online since it's way too easy to get screwed. That's why when i sell shit on here i prefer google checkout. I charge more now for people using paypal or i'm just gonna start telling sufuers who want to use paypal that i'm going to wait 24 hours and if someone with google comes along and wants to buy it, sell it to them first. Fuck paypal

Guest The City

To be safe you need a tracking number and signature confirmation (not just delivery confirmation that USPS supplies) so if you're selling higher priced items be sure to use UPS or FedEx. I know PayPal/eBay doesn't make it very clear that that is what you need to have seller protection.

• 4 months later...

Alright I need advice.

I opened a new premier paypal acct, styleforum dude sends me money for denimz, my acct somehow gets "limited' and i cant withdraw till the denimz are shipped and the Delivery confirmation the USPS package confirms it was delivered...

is this going to end up with me being screwed out of my money? i dont think the buyer is shady but could be.

should i just say fuck off and find someone else to buy them?

Guest crazy4kix
Alright I need advice.

I opened a new premier paypal acct, styleforum dude sends me money for denimz, my acct somehow gets "limited' and i cant withdraw till the denimz are shipped and the Delivery confirmation the USPS package confirms it was delivered...

is this going to end up with me being screwed out of my money? i dont think the buyer is shady but could be.

should i just say fuck off and find someone else to buy them?

same thing happened with me, just give it over 3 days and you'll get your money

a free alternative to paypal would be great, or only 1% fees, like something financed only by advertising revenue...

everyone got screwed at least one big time by them, and each time they receive money...

This happened to me as a buyer. Shit didn't arrive, filed a complaint and won it but haven't seen my money since. So I think if you just forget about the account you'll be fine.

what do you mean forget about the account?

I fucking hate this "on hold, ship now" bullshit.

Freezing my payments for 21 days.

Not removing the blocks until positive feedback + confirmed delivery

What the fuck am I supposed to do about jawns shipped to UK

fucking stupid ass website

also, snafu, still did not screw you over, dumbass. still is just fucking lazy. get at him on msn.

yeah seriously, the we hold your money until confirmed delivery is complete shit

one time i had to send something back, and the guys doing the tracking decided they'd stop fucking tracking right before he signed for it. it said it arrived at his postal office, and stayed that way for at least 3 weeks. and i told paypal if it's at the post office he has either signed for it already or they'd send it back to me because he didn't come sign for it. i never got my money back. fucking shit

Hey im trying to figure this out

paypal emailed me saying that my bank declined a payment due to insufficient funds. When i go check my bank account activity it says 'RET ACH FEE PAYPAL AMT 23.14' and they took out $25.

Can anyone help me out?