Anyone purchased from Bluefly before?

red120

I've been buying from them for years, and never had a problem, BUT I have heard that people did get burned on high-end bags from them. I have heard the theory that people bought real bags from bluefly, and returned fakes, and that bluefly re-sold them. Whether or not this happens, and what bluefly's level of involvement is, is anyone's guess.

Anyway, I've bought lots of jeans, shirts etc. but would be wary about a bag.

You could bluntly ask them if they would allow you to return a bag if it turned out to be fake. I would be interested in hearing their response.

ask a cassowary

This is their reply after I asked them what would be the result if I took it to Prada and check, and if it was fake:

Quote: Dear Dan,

Thank you for writing with your comments. You are most welcome. It has been my pleasure to assist you. Most Prada boutiques will say

that our bags are not authentic because Bluefly is not recognized as one of their buyers. We buy from stores like Macy's and Saks

Fifth Avenue which Prada does recognize as one of their buyers.

But if you are not satisfied with any item you purchase from us, you can simply return it in its original, unused condition

(including all original packaging and tags) within 90 days for a full refund, less shipping costs.

Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any other questions or if we can help you with anything else.?Email us at

[email protected] or call us toll free at 1-877-BLUEFLY (1-877-258-3359) at any time from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Monday-Friday,

10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST Saturday and?12 p.m. to 6 p.m. EST Sunday. If you're outside the U.S., please call (614) 652-6701.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Best regards,

Stevie

[email protected]

The Outlet Store In Your Home

NASDAQ SmallCap (BFLY)

phone: 877 - BLUEFLY (877-258-3359)

So they WILL take returns, but they also tell me Prada will tell me it's not authentic.. I feel a bit uncomfortable, what are your thoughts?

I don't have any comfidence in my ability to tell between real or fake Prada myself.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

I think you should try to find a trusted 3rd party who is familiar enough with genuine Prada to tell the difference. Maybe easier said than done...

--- Original message by tangerine on Oct 7, 2005 10:16 PM

yeah...nowadays a lot of fake shit, esp w/ Prada, Gucci, the 'biggest' names it's getting harder to differentiate between real and fake, I have become very hesitant about buying clothes online for that reason.

However I will say I bought from Bluefly once, the item i received was 100% legit.