So, what polos after tiring of Lacoste?

Justusfew

So, I've done my time with Lacoste polos and, while nice and colorful, they don't hold up too well after a wash (they widen something horrible). I've also been doing the polos by Polo since like junior high, so I'm somewhat ready for some variety (even though I love their custom fit polos, but their color schemes have been atrocious lately).

So, where do I go from here? I'm really not looking to go up any further in price. I remember the days when I thought it was insane for anyone to spend more than $50 on a shirt.

So, what do you guys recommend. I've heard some things about Penguin (although I don't care too much for their vintage look) and Fred Perry (I'm not sure where they are sold).

But, are there any other brands that I should check out? Preferably ones that can be easily purchased in-store rather than via th internet?

Thank you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmm........ Honestly, for your money, you should just stick with Ralph and Lacoste. There are some other real nice ones out there, but the prices are insane. Fred Perry and CDG comes to mind as well as tons that are released as collections with the Japanese companies. As far as the stretching and everything is concerned, I know what you mean about Lacoste, they seem to widen with age. A good solution is to take your old shirts to a tailor and have them tighten things up. It shouldnt cost too much and then you have a nice vintage polo with an improved silhouette. I picked up a few sz XL ralph polos on sale and I'm going to do the same after a few washed, cus the waists on these things are huge.

ummmm........ Honestly, for your money, you should just stick with Ralph and Lacoste. There are some other real nice ones out there, but the prices are insane. Fred Perry and CDG comes to mind as well as tons that are released as collections with the Japanese companies. As far as the stretching and everything is concerned, I know what you mean about Lacoste, they seem to widen with age. A good solution is to take your old shirts to a tailor and have them tighten things up. It shouldnt cost too much and then you have a nice vintage polo with an improved silhouette. I picked up a few sz XL ralph polos on sale and I'm going to do the same after a few washed, cus the waists on these things are huge.

what is this shit go with hollister

i like fred perry polos, the ones with the slightly longer fit are nicest, they fit well otherwise but seeing as they are quite slim the longer ones look better, i'd recomend them theres a lot of nice colours.

check out lyle and scott too, not sure about whether or not you can get them in the us, but worth a look, good quality polos, sweatshirts and cardigans too for that matter :)

How are the Uniqlo polos?

I'll say this, I have a rugby by them and the quality is not that great. It seems like they just stitched their name onto the first cheap Chinese-made rugby they got their hands on.

Same with their v-neck tees.

But, as for their polos, I can't really speak, because I own none.

Can anyone tell me what CDG stands for? And also CCP.

I've heard great things about Dior's jeans and now their polos, but damn if I know where to find them in my area.

Or Fred Perry's.

Guess I'll have to be on the hunt.

I've always looked at the American Eagle polos and they seemed to be of a good quality, but I never seriously pursued them.

Now, the A&F polos sound like they may be more up my alley, but damn I'm going to feel like a total herb going into that store. That's like one of the last things on the long list of things that I don't want to do, but, if they're as good as you guys claim, I'll take the dive.

hahaha

um

CCP stands for Carol Christian Poell - never actually seen a ccp polo but i would expect to pay $5-700 for one at a guess so you understand what you are dealing with here....

CDG is comme des garcons a japanese label, i actually don't think they make that nice polos themselves, thier collab one's with fred perry were nice though