Levi's STF: how much can they shrink?

illfingers

^^

definitely true. i tried buying my first pair of stfs based on the fit guide on the back of the jeans (i.e. two sizes up in waist, four in length) and tried soaking them (to avoid losing color) and they didn't come anywhere near shrinking that much. i think they expect people to machine wash them.

Ever since then i've bought them true to size and worn them as you would any dry denim (very frequently when still dry for about three-four months to get good wear) and then take a bath in them and wear till dry; they'll fit perfect. If anything buy a size or two bigger in LENGTH only. true to size in waist will be fine as even if they shrink a bit in this method, Levi's standard line is typically over sized to begin with...

Thought I would add: I noticed that the STFs they sell by my house are a size bigger in the waist than the tag says. So if you size up like the guide says you end up trying to shrink something that's way too big to begin with. Maybe that's the reason STFs "don't shrink."

I'm gonna get some too, but I'm bringing some measuring tape along!

they shrink pretty good. Get 2 to 3 sizes bigger in length and waste. If you want them to shrink to fit, what I did was wear them in the bath tub in warm water for 10 mins, and then sat in them till they dried. Pretty drastic, but wanted to make sure the fit was how I liked it

Yo shitz is wack