Any tips for trading items online?

eh, we're trading through the mail, hence the fun and pressure!

attach a nice card, preferably hand written and spray perfume on it. wrap everything in a gift basket, this should substitute for the handshake which cannot be performed due to the nature of the transaction. icon14.gif

I think the license scanning is a pretty good precaution, cant think of much else

get the dudes phone number adn talk to him...

ship at the same time

i did atrade with itsmedeka this way, all went smooth

Ya I have his number, we're going to take a long walk on the boardwalk down by the shore. Hopefully its nice out, and my hair is falling right.

(er, ya, this is a good idea.)

fly out to a city halfway between where the two of you live

put jeans in a plain black leather attaché suitcases, leave under airport terminal seats

give each other the secret signal (adjusting your fake mustache, two winks, limp wrist and a crotch blowout)

once you know who the other is, trade seats, take suitcases with goods inside, fly back home, leave rep

Guest winq
You guys could meet up, put the jeans on the ground, and then make a mad scramble for the jeans that you are trading for. My friend said that this was the preferred method of trading on Diablo 2.

make sure the other user isn't a sorcerer, you could get scammed.

I think its good to pay eachother equal amounts via paypal equal to the cost of the jeans. That way if one, of the parties doesn't receive the jeans, they run a chargeback on their payment and keep the payment of the other person.

This would be a good solution if we were kids with capital, but consider I don't have the capital for this, I'm assuming he doesn't either.

i traded sizes on a crewneck once... didnt bother taking any precautions and i sent first, but everything worked out alright

that's cause I'm legit

best method is to exchange all info, ship same time, and make sure you're dealing with a well-known, public member w/ refs. Its the obscure ones that'll rip you off for the most part (excepting anxtang and stuckonstupid).