fred perry comme des garcons versus yohji yamamoto y-3 sneakers

john11f

Guest Fade to Black

I prefer the Y-3, the CDG X Fred Perry sneakers I've seen all looked very bland. Actually I can't say I'm a fan of the whole cdg x fp collaboration in general, the polos, etc. are nothing special really.

Thanks guys. I think what I saw is the new line. Although, it is quite "normal" looking, I like its simplicity and a more understated look than the y-3s. I'm not a big fan of the fp-cdg collab shirts as well and still buy the original fp's that are made in england. y-3's are quite dramatic with their designs and has become a fashion statement in my part of the globe. that's the least company i would like to be with.

Guest Fade to Black

yeah i know what you mean, the recent Y-3 stuff is very loud and all about branding it seems. The only pair of Y-3 sneakers I have were from the s/s 03 collection, still in near perfect condition and they're just a nice, sleek pair of black sneakers w/ interesting combination of textures. I think that was back when Yohji first issued the line and it was still sold mostly in his own Yohji Yamamoto boutiques. The new stuff doesn't look very "Yohji" at all.