I just got my pair of Sugarcane SC40400.....

imisssefler

and i'm not sure what exactly to do. the waist fits pretty nice but the legs fit somewhat baggy, which i can live with but everytime i touch them my hands turn blue. plus, my car has dark brown seats which i'm sure will get stained. should go sit in a warm bath with these and wear them till they dry or would they loose a lot of the color?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks. if i decide not to soak will they eventually stop bleeding so intensely?

all in all though, nicest looking denim i've ever seen. also, anyone know what's the deal with the scarf or whatever that thing is? i got one with my other sugarcanes too. maybe i'll use it to protect my car seats.

Edited by imisssefler on Sep 28, 2005 at 02:49 PM

Hey Ring, does sugar cane make other fits of thier jeans other than reproduction of vintage Levis? I want to know if they have a nice slim fit ,similar to Nudie slim jims.I see they have a 66,but i think the thigh is stil little baggyt for slender guys. If you can recommend me other nice japanese brands that have that fit, much appreciated. Thanks.

Quote:

hah,yeah they come wiht that scarf, use it however you want. oh if you have tyime,can you post photos modelling the jeans for us. I dont think anyone here actually owns or posted the hawaii's. thanks

after the first rinse,shouldnt bee too bad. i think the dye is natural indigo too?

--- Original message by soleindahole on Sep 28, 2005 02:59 PM

next time i have a camera handy and a friend who wont judge me, i'll take some pics. i don't know if i want to see what my ass looks like through a camera though.

I wear a 36 normally but bought a 38 because the site I ordered from said they shrink. so that probably explains why they're baggy. i have the Awa's as well but in a 36 and they aren't super slim but not really baggy in any way. I'll take pictures myself later this week, my girlfriend refuses to take any for me because she thinks it's 'weird'. haha, anyway i ordered them from http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/257746/ and they are actually a little lighter in color in person.

Quote:

What's the front rise measurement on your Sugarcanes, imisssssssssefler?

--- Original message by minya on Sep 28, 2005 07:59 PM

what's front rise? if you mean crotch, i have no clue. if you mean length i think they're 36 but its not written anywhere i've seen on the jeans.

if i decide not to soak will they eventually stop bleeding so intensely?

Eventually, yes.

Hey Ring, does sugar cane make other fits of thier jeans other than reproduction of vintage Levis? I want to know if they have a nice slim fit ,similar to Nudie slim jims

I don't think they do anything as skinny as Slim Jims. Actually the Hawaii's are reasonably slim, like a 47 style cut. For a skinny pair of Japanese jeans try Lad Muscian.

i think the dye is natural indigo too?

Yes. I'm told the indigo is cultivated in Hawaii, hence the name. The jeans themselves are made in Japan.

thats awesome that it fades when you touch it.

All dry jeans will do that to some extent. Try some Denime's for smurfing!

I wear a 36 normally but bought a 38 because the site I ordered from said they shrink.

Hmm. Those should shrink to tag size (and maybe stretch out again an inch depending on high tight they are on you). I'd recommend buying true waist size in 'Canes.

What's the front rise measurement on your Sugarcanes,

Let's say a size 32, front rise should be a little over 11" and back rise a little over 15". Again, similar to LVC 47s.

Edited by ringring on Sep 29, 2005 at 06:20 AM

I ordered the jeans through www.bid-service.jp and everything together ended up around $370. I'm sure Celga would have been cheaper but I don't like them, so I didn't use them. anyway, here a few pictures.

The Hawaii's and Awa's

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

Edited by imisssefler on Sep 29, 2005 at 08:51 AM

Quote:

Were those jeans auctions that you won or are they retail price, i thought the hawaii's alone is like close to 300? and the Awas are like 200? Correct me if im wrong. pz.

--- Original message by soleindahole on Sep 29, 2005 09:55 AM

both were from rakuten stores and were the same price, $280. after a few wears in both jeans, i think the awa's aren't any where near as nice as the Hawaii's.

Quote:
Quote:

I wear a 36 normally but bought a 38 because the site I ordered from said they shrink. so that probably explains why they're baggy. i have the Awa's as well but in a 36 and they aren't super slim but not really baggy in any way. I'll take pictures myself later this week, my girlfriend refuses to take any for me because she thinks it's 'weird'. haha, anyway i ordered them from http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/257746/ and they are actually a little lighter in color in person.

--- Original message by imisssefler on Sep 28, 2005 07:38 PM

So if you had to do it again, would you have ordered a size down?

From my understanding of some threads, the size 38s will shrink down to size 38. So I'm assuming that the Hawaii's are huge on you right now.

--- Original message by digital_denim on Sep 29, 2005 03:29 PM

Most likely, hopefully they'll shrink a bit in the width of the legs though, that bothers me more than a bigger waist. The thing that made me think the 38s would be a better choice was that my Awa's fit perfectly which made me think they might shrink to a 34.

I have a pair of the exact same jeans on the way to me right now from Celga. I was starting to kick myself for spending so much but those pictures make me think I'm definitely going to be happy once they arrive.

Thanks for posting and I may post my own review once they arrive.