Possible Dior 19cm World Tour

midnight

Hey everyone,

I've been following the flat head 3001 tour for a while, and thought it would be cool to do the same with a pair of diors because it seems like so many people own a pair of 19cms on sufu. I have a pair of black 19cm MIJ raws in a size 27 that I would donate if there were at least 12 people willing to do it. The waist actually measures 30.5 inches btw so they are already stretched. I think that if everybody wore them hard we could finally fade a pair of blacks. I would preferrr if those who wanted to join had some good rep and 150 posts or more, but exceptions can of course be made. I thought it would be ok to post this here, but if it isn't please move it to where it belongs. Thanks guys.

On the more logistical side:

-each person will have the jeans for one month

-a notebook will be sent around with the jeans where people can post / write anything (pictures of what you ate, where you live, pets, friends, concert tickets, ANYTHING)

-people should try as hard as possible to post as many pictures as possible during their possession of the jeans in order to keep things interesting

-please dont wash the jeans until there is already a fair amount of fading going on since, as dismalfuture said, washing does make them look a little off. Lets see if we can go 14 months without letting them touch water.

-each person will pay to have the jeans shipped to themselves from the previous wearer

-i'm thinking of a way to make sure the jeans don't get lost or stolen by possibly swapping phone numbers, facebook info, ect in order to make sure everything goes smoothly. I'll pm all the people in the group about this topic again once we decide what to do.

-WEAR EM HARD. The whole point is to fade these guys!!

The order in who will get the jeans is below.

1. Totally Epic- April

2. Asérix- may

3. Meta- june

4. JSkidder- july

5. Chromesquared- august

6. Hellahyphy- september

7.Timoac- october

8. HammerHill- November

9. Please Underestimate- December

10. Aho- January

11. kelvyno- February

12. technique- March

13. theshonen8899- April

14. Prokart- May

-In the event that somebody drops out, they will be replaced by the following people in order of which their names are listed

-Sunion

-Larry

***I had to move some people around due to thoughts of the jeans being just too large after they stretched some more as time went on. I hope everybody's still cool with the order. If you aren't going to be able to wear the jeans in your month period due to something, just pm me and ill try and move you to a better slot. Thanks a lot for being flexible.

Guest chemi

not trying to be rude, but Diors seem like the wrong kind of jeans to be shipping around to try and wear. i always thought the other world tours were interesting because the jeans they chose would contort and fade differently over time to reflect what the user did with them, but it just seems that Diors would not change much by the end of this project.

not trying to be rude, but Diors seem like the wrong kind of jeans to be shipping around to try and wear. i always thought the other world tours were interesting because the jeans they chose would contort and fade differently over time to reflect what the user did with them, but it just seems that Diors would not change much by the end of this project.

I guess your right. The 19cm's were too skinny for me so I was selling them but then thought people might like it if i did this instead.

ahaha. Somehow I clicked into this thinking that it'd be silly but I like it, as I'd not wear those other jeans that are doing the rounds. 12 washes/soaks as people are customarily doing though, that'd wreck the fuck out of black Diors, once they get washed just that first time they look a bit off and that dye runs really badly.

I might be down for the cause later on?

Do you have just the blacks and not the blues? The blues get on pretty nicely if you wear them hard, and they take to a few washes. After a bit I washed mine as frequently as 2 weeks or so:

IMG_0122.jpg

Do you have just the blacks and not the blues? The blues get on pretty nicely if you wear them hard, and they take to a few washes. After a bit I washed mine as frequently as 2 weeks or so:

IMG_0122.jpg

Those blues are actually really nice. Maybe ill try to sell the blacks and get a pair of the blues to do this contest instead...

i would definitely be into that. i think the blacks would be a great pair to do this with since it seems that there are few if any raw black diors that have been truly beat down out there. it would be a good opportunity to really wreck a pair and see how they look with some (i would hope) serious fading.

I'd be down; as long as people take lots of pics there's no reason not to have another jeans tour. I've got a moleskine pocket notebook I never use I'd be willing to donate. As long as people don't mind the achewood stickers on it, that is.