HELP! Moccassins - Chukkas - Visvim..........advice?

englandmj7

Hello,

I really want some shoes similar to Visvim's but can't pay $200+ for a pair. Does anyone know of anything similar or where to get it. I remember DC actually made a pretty cool one last month.....but I can't find it anywhere now. Does anyone know of any cool companies, etc.

Thanks alot!

icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

nike htm macropus

--- Original message by Ryan on Sep 19, 2005 05:58 AM

That's a good choice.

I loved my clarks wallabees as well and I now have a pair of Visvims FBT2 which I'm very happy with. You can find them for 160$.

--- Original message by Mbrand on Sep 19, 2005 06:07 AM

where from?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nike htm macropus

--- Original message by Ryan on Sep 19, 2005 05:58 AM

That's a good choice.

I loved my clarks wallabees as well and I now have a pair of Visvims FBT2 which I'm very happy with. You can find them for 160$.

--- Original message by Mbrand on Sep 19, 2005 06:07 AM

where from?

--- Original message by guffer on Sep 19, 2005 06:25 AM

I personally got mine from ebay for $190.

But as "soleindahole" said in a previous post:

the price at alife NYC:

shakers : $200

FBT2 mid : $160

leather (i suppose it's elk) : $300ish

Thanks for all the help guys!! I like alot of the stuff, especially the Macropus, but still like Visvims above all. The only problem is that GRANDISM.com charges about $300 a pair, and UNDFTD here in LA charges $230 minimum. Anyone in Japan want to hook it up? Thanks!

Edited by englandmj7 on Sep 19, 2005 at 11:26 PM

I think Blends down in Costa Mesa had some on sale a few months back and Huf just had a 40% off sale (it's too bad I missed out!) and I believe the sale affect Visvims too. Just gotta wait for those types of sales or check out ebay. I got Kapoors for hella cheap not too long ago.

Conclusion: Cheap Visvims are nonexistent. This guy said he paid $380 for FBT2's on kix-files...I can't believe those hong kongers pay that rape price over there.

Edit: I've been wanting P&D shoes for a long time now but they're so damn hard to find! I don't particularly like that Wallabee style but I do like some of the other stuff they put out. It's a shame that they closed down due to outsourcing. Damn

Edited by super on Sep 20, 2005 at 12:48 AM

about the $99 visvims: that was during the 50% off period... i dont think it applies for the FBTs. if i am not mistaken only the kiefer, the buckminster and the judd belong to the sale rack.

but there was one time when union reduced the FBT coyote price to $188 (50% off) during their winter sale..

Edited by hahnstch on Sep 20, 2005 at 11:32 AM