Francisco van Benthum F/W 08.09

Tisswat

Repping the Dutch, when/where was this???

You betcha! This was Feb 11th at Stadsarchief. I have no idea why we weren't invited either. (5)

I read that van Bethum has plans to present his collections in Milan or Paris next year, so I figured before he reaches international fame, superfuture should know about him at least one year in advance.

There are a few other young designers that I would like to post on superfuture, but I'm not sure if there is enough interest. People seem more interested in the established names. Is superfuture ready for this?

is it merely coinkidink that this is just poor man's version of Ossendrijver?

bow ties, yeah, i get it.

I guess you can see similarities, but I don't see Ossendrijver incorporating incluences from traditional Dutch clothing. The 'bowties' I think refer to handkerchiefs that were once a common part of Dutch attire.

400px-Costumes-Maroesjka-Heeze-1989.jpg

(don't mind the quality)

Actually it would be fun to see traditional costumes influences in what people in the streets are wearing. I wouldn't be surprised to see van Bethum's hats being picked by trendy kids in the streets in time. Why not?