prps or red monkey?!?!

apekilledape

PRPS over Red Monkey easily...but 5EP over PRPS if you are going to spend in that ballpark. At the more expensive end of premium selvage denim that isn't just reproing Levis and is reasonably widely available (ie - more expensive than APC or Nudie and easier to get your hands on than 45rpm), I reckon 5EP are putting out the best quality and most nicely designed product.

Quote:

PRPS over Red Monkey easily...but 5EP over PRPS if you are going to spend in that ballpark. At the more expensive end of premium selvage denim that isn't just reproing Levis and is reasonably widely available (ie - more expensive than APC or Nudie and easier to get your hands on than 45rpm), I reckon 5EP are putting out the best quality and most nicely designed product.

--- Original message by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Sep 12, 2005 11:22 AM

Totally agree. Red Monkey is ugly-ass shit in all respects and PRPS is ok, but kind of over-the-top in terms of their washes. 5EP is what I would go for if I were in the market for PRPS jeans.

LVC is very good stuff, obviously, but they are altogether different styles. They release classic 501 fits whereas 5EP is more "modern" (i.e. slight bootcuts, slim fits), although 5EP's tend to have fairly high rises (about 11.5" I believe).

Blue Blood is entirely different: mostly baggy "worker" jeans.

personaly I like red monkeys a whole bunch over prps

they are baggier, and the opcket designs are hot as hell

both are tuogh but my vote goes for the red monkeys, they are the only really "urban"selvedge jeans available in america as far as I've seen

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

I fail to see how anything negative said about red monkey here is realy true.

at the end of the day what prps and RMC do are pretty much totally different. Red monkey primarily makes raw selvedge jeans with designs on the pocket. Prps makes mostly wild washed and rinsed jeans with a few selvedge pairs. The don't use pocket designs, but pocket designs don't really add or subtract from the quality of a pair of jeans. People here basically hate pocket designs and anything urban so they are going to criticize what red monkey does because it doesn't appeal to their personal tastes. These opinions are the opinions of people who want to hate evisu and scratch their gulls of the back of their pairs just because they aren't "cool" anymore. At the end of the day RMC makes a qulaity poduct, and if you aren't shopping stupid you can get prety much any pair for a price comparable to any other company diong what they do

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

I've still yet to see a criticism of red monkey that has actual reasons in it

why shouldn't he "fall" for red monkey? I'm still interested to hear that

my point exactly, the hate is because people hate urban, great reason to say the brand sucks icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

as far as the prices go, if you aren't getting them for atleast 100 bucks off the MSRP you are just shoppnig stupid. Last pair I bought retailed at 450 and I paid 300. I dno't see how thats any more or less rediculous then what most people hear are spending on their most expensive jeans, o with that being said ya'll have basically proved my point that everything negative said about red monkey is just subjective to personal tastes and general hate

I'm interested to know what makes a selvedge ean "non-run of the mill" as well

Edited by jjs home on Sep 14, 2005 at 12:52 AM