downloading music

matthewtaylor

Quote:

What about that Russian download site that is 5 cents a download? I use Limewire, but I only download stuff that is rare and out of print or not on vinyl.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Sep 11, 2005 12:54 PM

That would be allofmp3(unless there are other russian sites like it). It's not 5 cent per download though, but it's still good. They charge like 20 bucks for 1gb of music and you get to choose format and bitrate yourself.

tally-hoo

Quote:

indietorrents.com

Oink.me.uk

30,000 albums

80,000 seeders

5,200 leechers

awesomme

--- Original message by super on Sep 11, 2005 12:54 PM

yah but good luck getting a membership and good luck keeping that membership if your computer doesn't upload very fast and then good luck complaining about losing your membership and being sad!

yes it's true that they have this rule about upload but hey, I didn't get banned yet because other people have share ratio's of just 0.01! My ratio is just 0.2 but in my 6 months on Oink and my 3 months on indietorrents, I have yet to get banned.

Quote:

yes it's true that they have this rule about upload but hey, I didn't get banned yet because other people have share ratio's of just 0.01! My ratio is just 0.2 but in my 6 months on Oink and my 3 months on indietorrents, I have yet to get banned.

--- Original message by super on Sep 12, 2005 12:23 AM

bizarre, because my share ratio was higher than that...maybe it has more to do with the amount you download vs. your share ratio, as well.

or maybe they're racists.

Another vote for oink.me.uk / indietorrents.

I used to be a big IRC guy myself, but the scene rips get put on these torrent sites as soon as they hit IRC for the most part anyways, and you never have to wait or look too hard..

Plus you can make requests and they are usually filled pretty quick!

As long as you leave your torrents open you wont have any ratio problems... you gotta give back what you take, it's only fair.

You need an invite to get on Oink or Indietorrents (to prevent people working for groups like the RIAA and MPAA from getting on the Torrents), and the upload/download ratios are enforced (by banning users who don't upload as much as they download) 'cause a BitTorrent network only works if people seed files. To get a good ratio try encoding a few things and uploading the torrent file yourself.