Chino recommendations

Jaymstr

What are your chino recommendations for under $100. I'm looking for something with a slimmer fit than most companies have. Obviously, I don't want pleats at all. They also should not have a worn look as I need them for more formal occasions. I tried on some of the Brooks Brothers ones. They are fairly slim, but they sit a little high, and the pockets stick out. I want something with a slightly tighter crotch. J Crew has absolutely nothing that looks good enough, and I hate Gap pants. I have yet to try on Polo ones and also Banana Republic, but to be honest with you, I'm not sure that I'm going to like any of the pants that all these big chain stores make. I know my jeans, but as a college kid, I don't need chinos that often, so I'm asking for your help.

They aren't girls jeans. I swear.

Banana Republic's "Gavin" chino.

Flat front; straight, maybe slightly tapered leg; not long-rised. I think it's the slimmest pant they have. The quality's pretty good too, unless they've changed them recently. Mine lasted a long time before looking faded, and I treated them like crap. Boring colors and they never go on sale, but hey, they're only around $50.

I've been rocking Girls Dickies. No joke. They are a little shorter rise than A.P.C. New standards and a bit baggier. There's no way to tell they are Girls Dickies either. Same pocket sizes, stitching, branding, non-stretch etc. They fit me perfect. No joke.

All the inseams are 33 inches too, which is a pretty good length for me. Check it out.

Steven Alan Slim Pant looks pretty rad too, but is sort of out of your budget.

http://www.stevenalan.com/customer/product.php?productid=16961&cat=434&XCARTSESSID=6cfbe8e15a692bdee138ecf22a0e0b20

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on Sep 8, 2005 at 08:46 PM