Vans fall 08

doctorgnar

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup fall 08---

its funny seeing what other people star in the catalog...our rep goes through it before its sent and then we tear through it too, so its interesting to see what other shops mark as the good colorways...i didnt get quite as psyched on the core half cab/pro's just because the ones in the 8/1 syndicate drop are so much better...

those are taka hyashis second collab with vans.

the one in the far rear is a team model updated with a vulc sole and has pony hair on the tongue.

the second ones are the rowley shamble mids with the obvious strap.

the third ones are the dollin no skool 2 mids that have a zipper on the medial side of the shoe which you can barely see in that pic.

they look like theyre going to be pretty cool. theyll be dropping with some apparel to support the line.

cant wait.

those are taka hyashis second collab with vans.

the one in the far rear is a team model updated with a vulc sole and has pony hair on the tongue.

the second ones are the rowley shamble mids with the obvious strap.

the third ones are the dollin no skool 2 mids that have a zipper on the medial side of the shoe which you can barely see in that pic.

they look like theyre going to be pretty cool. theyll be dropping with some apparel to support the line.

cant wait.

Ta.

The no skool mids have gone straight onto my want list.

Aside from the ostrich and cup sole chukkas, I'm not really all that stoked on anything. (And yes, cupsoles on Vans is a terrible look 99.9% of the time, but I wouldn't be skating in those anyway so it doesn't bother me.)

Does anyone else feel like Vans is doing the same shit Nike was doing 5 years ago? Limited editions, crazy colorways, patterns and materials, etc. I don't want to revive the "Half Cab is the new Dunk" thread, but these scans kind of reaffirm that.

I'm pretty sure I've said this numerous times, but I'm all set with the standard black/white colorway for Half Cabs, SK8-Hi's, Chukkas, and Eras. I am all for new styles though, like the SK8-lows and mids.

Nonetheless, thanks Gnar, Rhythm, and Rutan for the scans.

Does anyone else feel like Vans is doing the same shit Nike was doing 5 years ago? Limited editions, crazy colorways, patterns and materials, etc. I don't want to revive the "Half Cab is the new Dunk" thread, but these scans kind of reaffirm that.

I'm pretty sure I've said this numerous times, but I'm all set with the standard black/white colorway for Half Cabs, SK8-Hi's, Chukkas, and Eras. I am all for new styles though, like the SK8-lows and mids.

yo b! actually i'm still really stoked on what they've done and continue to do w/the standard solid-color suede half cabs. Almost all of the colorways (except purple maybe?) are reissues of colors that came out previously in the 90's. I'm thinking the brown / yellow / red set was inspired by this set of early colorways?:

halfcabsiy9.jpg