Vans fall 08

doctorgnar

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^obviously you two homos above don't know shit. that is a bangin shoe especially if you skate

i never said that it sucked for skating. i just said it looks stupid.

i'm sure dc shoes, etnies, ect are just as good for skating as well.

neg rep for you.

I hope they release some dope new patterns for the slip ons. Maybe some formal ones so i can wear them for every occasion. Shit would be bangin

WOW THE VANS FALL 08 COLLECTION.

Now can someone make a thread for the DC Shoes, Etnies and Emerica fall collections?

No one claimed this was a 'COLLECTION'. You fucking bag of shit. Plenty of people here are interested in what's new from Vans.

Vans, as a brand, is very different from DC, or any SoleTech brand. The Vault line, for instance, has no real counterpart at any other skate shoe brand.

I just realized I got negged like a year ago for hating on vans, they still suck, they will never be cool and they weren't cool when every bum on here was sportin them with apc's

every bum is still wearin them. check WAYWT. i like vans and zappos just got some new skate mids and some new half cabs btw.

dope, thanks man! is it just my eyes or are those the standard vulcanized soles, but -without- the usual wrap-around toe-bumper (or whatever it's called, the textured bit?).

Yeah, from the pictures and the catalogue description that looks to be the case. The midsole is textured all the way around. These are called the AV3. There's also the Avenge/AV4 which is a skate performance shoe (like a Rowley XLT with elephant print panels). Not so classic looking and suffers for it.

dope, thanks man! is it just my eyes or are those the standard vulcanized soles, but -without- the usual wrap-around toe-bumper (or whatever it's called, the textured bit?).

that part of the midsole is called foxing fwiw. sounds like vans vault is going nike quickstrike junior full hog and coming out with more and more blog fodder.

Not quite as nice as I thought they'd be.. but there's still hope, blue ones look good at least.

Lots of pics of the yellow suede

114625_489757396.jpg

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db2-6bc7c4b6141583e8c7e8ff68a99d4f22.jhtml

Not really feeling any of these.. the contrasting stitching on all of them just makes them seem like they're part of the "mainstream" vans line available everywhere or whatever you call it.

medium

medium

medium

medium

how do you size chukkas vs other vans?

are they the same?

my size 11 chukkas feel a bit looser than my size 11 eras. im getting alot of heel slip.

They're the same size, but it's pretty much impossible to lace a pair of Chukkas tightly. Sizing down probably won't help your heel slipping... I stuck a pair of heel grips in mine and double up on socks.

I don't really like any of these enough to buy them so far...

kinda hurts to say

those very first ones are simply mediocre

and the AV3s remind me off the older, clunkier looking adidas' or something

:(

Only really interested in the Chukka colorways myself.

And what the fuck happened to the Chukka Low?

They're the same size, but it's pretty much impossible to lace a pair of Chukkas tightly. Sizing down probably won't help your heel slipping... I stuck a pair of heel grips in mine and double up on socks.

thx for the info. thats pretty retarded... might have to return them..........

they look so damn cool though

vans1iz6.jpg

Only really interested in the Chukka colorways myself.

And what the fuck happened to the Chukka Low?

I've heard the Chukka Lows have begun creeping into stores already.

Those last few AV3's look like the Visvim logan lows that just came out recently, very similar colorway.

i got them at barneys coop but ive seen these at UO as well.

they are called Vans Vault Chukka 69 LX in Maharam (Black Olive/Moonstruck)

vans3ad0.jpg

DoubleD: after you put in the heel grips and all that crap are they pretty comfy?

i think that its retarded that you have to buy all this extra crap to make them work.

Damn.....Not feeling those AV3s at all. If I wanted a Gazelle-ish skate shoe, I'd just snag the Gazelle Skates (which are quite saucy, just limited in c/w's). Plus, I love the AV SK8-Lows, they didn't put out nearly enough good colorways.