Lanvin FW 08-09

mike lowrey

wagon-hopping cankle-biters want to not be seen as the sneakers-only slobber-bobbers, dig?

but in trueness, this collection is interesting enough to warrant a bit of accolade kool-aid, but not anything spectacletastic. as stated previously by other sapient style suckers, this slots way too neatly into the "omg kanye west was wearing our clothes in american hip hop magazines, high class fiasco!" box. and trust me, that box is in every european designer's atelier. so, what do you do? retreat the phalanx, crack your phalanges, and stick to the scriptbook. nothing pop. nothing daring. avant-needling maybe, but not too out there.

and no sneakers on the runway is a fantabulous thing.

and, that little sand-colored pocketbook is horrible.

and, ysl was definitely better. someone post ysl.

thank god there are no sneakers. that would have pigeon-holed the lanvin house into hip-hop hell.

not sure about the sweatpant/trouser hybrid Lucas is continuing with, but I trust his instincts.

overall, elegant and relaxed all around. this stuff isnt my style generally, but I love the fabric and silhouette anyways.

• 4 months later...