Uggs Alternative?

jo3 b

trying desperately to help a friend decide against uggs. she's aware of the warmth and comfort involved and i'm trying to get her to find something actually worth getting.

the price should be in the same range and i guess thats the only specification.

thanks in advance.

PS

i'm begging. thank you again.

Yeah, uggs are indicative of a certain personality trait. The corny part. It's like really good makeup on ugly Koreatown girls or that special light in night clubs or too much beer.

Why hide that from the world at large? We'll eventually see it.

THE ANSWER:

82i8gvc.jpg

WOW + rep.

although i agree with the statements above, just get some mod boots or slouch boots.

Are mod or slouch boots really much better than uggs? I gotta say they're even on the overly done style, at least the comfort and quality factor of uggs beats 'em out. Although that might be like arguing crocs versus those fancy sandals .

draw a dick on her face and tell her she looks unique

I'll put a piercing through the shaft for some extra character.

cut off her arms and legs and hang her on the wall, then you can call her "art" and she'll be unique

I think she cut off Grimace's legs to get these boots. Poor guy.

this is wats up, 15 bucks piled up in cardboard boxes at alife last i saw

img53426072.jpg

seriously though, i dont think there are too many options that will satisfy her desire for trendwhoring and the uggs aesthetic that falls in line with the 'sufu look'

maybe some slouchy leather boots would be a step up

trying desperately to help a friend decide against uggs. she's aware of the warmth and comfort involved and i'm trying to get her to find something actually worth getting.

I hear Crocs are very practical. Maybe she should consider buying a pair for summer.

anyway... what's with you people thinking uggs are cold weather shoes anyway... they are not from eskimos... they are actually from Australia (well were until some US company trademarked the name and design on the sly) - which isnt really that cold.

They were invented by a surfer so that he could chuck them straight on when he got out of the surf...

it says australia on the uggs lable so obviously they aren't eskimos' footwear, jesus christ. i am going by the assumption that most people wear them for cold weather purposes, so proposing leather boots is not actually as farfetched an idea as you seem to think.

either way, they are hideous and shouldn't be worn. regardless of their origin, they resemble and eskimo's footwear moreso than a surfer's.

if you live in a place with real winters, uggs aren't worth the money in my experience.

but sorel boots and the like are. if she has to be trendy and not give a crap about utility--maybe get those hunter rubber boots...

Hunter boots are actually pretty utilitarian. I had a pair when I was a kid and loved them.

Uggs have been around decades before they became a lame fad in 2004

theres nothing wrong witht them besides the fact that girls wear them to emulate their favorite debutante whore.....they're actually pretty comfortable and are acceptable if you dont wear them out in public

i didnt even know that uggs were still cool, but apparently they are, 1 of the girls at my work just got a pair, and 3 of the other girls have been hounding her on where to get them. they even asked if i had seen any, i had not.