Hope S/S 08 menswear

goldengloves

Thom Browne

Patrik Ervell

Raf Simons

Jil Sander (that Raf..)

Lanvin

Those were definitely my favorites. I actually think Thom and Ervell's SS08 collection was better than their F/W 07/08 offerings.

I can agree to all of those except i didn't like Raf's own SS08 collection at all. Liked his work for Jil though.

What do you think of Ute Ploier SSO8 collection? I'm sure I will take a beating when I say that I love a lot of it.

kind of a one trick collection here with the oversize shirts, reminds me of ss08 cdg, just re-hashing one concept

not that oversized shirts are bad conceptually, but theres a practicality/wearability factor for myself i couldn't get over, im all about tucking in my button downs, and shirts like this would look no different than other button downs tucked in (maybe your waist looks bulkier from all the extra cloth?) or it looks ludicrous left untucked

but thats a bit of a narrow and unfair way to interpret the collection, otherwise it falls neatly in line with other oversized/roomy tailoring of the collections you listed above (especially ervell, lanvin) and i think there is a really subtle mix and match of colors that is clever: pictures 2, 4 and 7

shit is kinda all over the place, but that blue jacket is awesome.

This is where the collection falls short for me, the fact there's really not a very good cohesion in the looks. I mean, I get the West African, cubism references but it still seems a tad strewn about.

kind of a one trick collection here with the oversize shirts, reminds me of ss08 cdg, just re-hashing one concept

not that oversized shirts are bad conceptually, but theres a practicality/wearability factor for myself i couldn't get over, im all about tucking in my button downs, and shirts like this would look no different than other button downs tucked in (maybe your waist looks bulkier from all the extra cloth?) or it looks ludicrous left untucked

but thats a bit of a narrow and unfair way to interpret the collection, otherwise it falls neatly in line with other oversized/roomy tailoring of the collections you listed above (especially ervell, lanvin) and i think there is a really subtle mix and match of colors that is clever: pictures 2, 4 and 7

you say re-hash i say motif!

• 2 weeks later...