Final Home

Eccles

Found a few pieces I liked from searching Final Home's archive

FH2003_FD310.jpg

FH2003_AJ470.jpg

keeping with the apocalyptic survival theme the receive jacket has removable pockets and zipped compartments

recievecoat.jpg

and the kenaf coat

seed-1.jpg

"This jacket was created by FINAL HOME and Naohiro Ukawa as an effort towards designing a "Utopia." The patch holds corn and kenaf seeds. The idea behind this design is to rip the patch apart and plant the seeds to grow crops to prevent food shortage in cases of terrorist attacks, war or earthquake disaster.

With a 3-way design, the outside cotton jacket and inside nylon jacket can be combined to suit various types of weather and occasions. The outer jacket has slits in the shoulders, underarms, elbows and back like a mod jacket to allow better breathability and flexibility. And the bold corn-print pattern that shows through the slits adds a fashionable, different taste to the jacket.

* Kenaf is a versatile plant that has been valued for a long time as a source of paper, textiles and fertilizer in the Middle East."

Sadly the line has slightly gone the way of "streetwear" trends because of waining popularly

looking at some of the recent stuff it does seem to have lost some of the concept, shame.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taken from www.gizmodo.com

15_below.jpg

"Being homeless would suck, but being homeless in Canada during the winter would suck even harder. A Toronto ad firm called Taxi aims to help around 3,000 of these unfortunate souls (and drum up a little business while they are at it) using their new 15 Below jacket.The lightweight jacket was designed to be waterproof, windproof and capable of withstanding extreme cold temperatures with the help of pockets that can be insulated with crumpled newspaper. More info and additional pic after the break. 15_below_jacket.jpgThe name 15 Below represents the temperature at which Canada issues a cold weather warning. That's plenty cold, but the jacket has gone above and beyond that mark with successful tests at temperatures of up to -20° Fahrenheit. When the weather is warm, the whole jacket can be converted into a backpack and the plentiful pockets become useful for storing personal items. Taxi plans on distributing the jackets for free to the homeless, which is why the shameless self-promotion can be easily overlooked"

biters...at least they made it turn into a packback as well, thats something

The homeless are a underused advertising tool. Actually this is pretty cool as it's being put to legitimate use rather than adorning the backs of dandie's like us.

hahahahahahah, the homeless are an underused advertising tool! i can't rep for that, i really wish i could

Final home in Harajuku is probably my favorite store in Tokyo. Just because the staff are all really damn cool. I go in to just hang out with them once in a while.

They had a sample sale a month or so back with some really unique things, and I ended up spending a bit too much money on a jean jacket that almost looks like it has a silver weft (or whatever) instead of white. And the collar is awesome on it too.

The jackets they ahve in right now are making use of this insane material. A few different colors, and you pull pretty hard on any area and where the material gets stressed it 'changes colors' which, essentially would be like instant distressing, since the black goes to a gray/white, the green goes to a dirty yellow, etc. What's awesome is that to get it to return back to normal, you just need to apply heat. They said to put it over the stove, or to use and iron and it should go back to normal fast.

Although, I bought a zip jacket from them in fleece/cotton something material, and the seams seem kind of shitty. I've already had a few seems come loose... granted I wear it a lot, but it seems too soon.

And for those worrying about sizing on the famous jackets, I'm 6'3 or so, and I would have gotten a small, if that tells you anything. A medium would have been fine too, but was too wide for my liking. Only concern is the sleeves run kind of short so I passed it up.

And... finally, the current collection has some really cool shoes in it, so check em out if you get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, a lot of stuff at Final Home is around 40% off right now, because of sales. So I picked up a jacket and a shirt, both really unique designs that don't look overdone (in my opinion). I'll try to throw up pictures of my final home stuff if I can ever get off my ass.

I picked up a sick long sleeve all black shirt of a stretchy cotton material with a sort of baseball shirt cut at the shoulders, and padded fist covers with thumb holes that can be rolled up, or worn "stacked" ala Rick Owens. I love it. It's basically the best long underwear shirt ever. Found it on sale at that used/consignment shop INA on Bleeker street.

I picked up a sick long sleeve all black shirt of a stretchy cotton material with a sort of baseball shirt cut at the shoulders, and padded fist covers with thumb holes that can be rolled up, or worn "stacked" ala Rick Owens. I love it. It's basically the best long underwear shirt ever. Found it on sale at that used/consignment shop INA on Bleeker street.

Don't know if it's the same one but picked this up recently nice and warm especially like the attached hand warmers.

bc53_12.jpg

The pockets on the emergency jacket are full zip, two down the front and back and down the arms. These are separated into sections and it is possible to stuff them with newspapers or cushions. I did try it but didn't feel any warmer.

i think they do carry the shortblack emergency jacket if that is what your after

parkacourte.jpg

This jacket hear ive had my eye on it for sometime now i know where its half off of the org. price...very tempted! but i def. respect the brand in general i would love to see more pieces as well! cool thread..

The two recent pickups. Shirt on the left, Jacket on the right. Excuse the pictures, they are half assed and badly lit.

dscn0935fh5.jpg

Both have really unique designs (as much of final home does I guess). The left side of the front of the shirt is 2 layers, so if you button both layers up, it just shows the black and is essentially a normal shirt, but you can also button only the bottom layer, leaving the top one unbottoned and open, so the different fabric can be seen - there's also a chest pocket underneath.

This is a bad picture trying to show it off.

dscn0937iu1.jpg

The jacket is, apart from being insanely comfortable, pretty unique too. there are two zips in the typical place on the jacket, but they don't connect, the each go all the way up to the back of the neck. This works because the typical pocket holes on the right and left essentially lead to an 'opening' from the underlayer of warm fleece-ish fabric to the wool on the top.The zipper essentially functions as a seam. And the way the pockets are setup, you have access to the normal lower pocket, and a hidden button enclosed pocket higher up from oepning on the inside. There's also a hood tucket away in the neck area, but I doubt I'll ever use it since I'm not a fan of hide a way type hoods.

dscn0936ok3.jpg

Next are 2 other pieces I bought a couple months ago and have been getting a lot of use out of.

First is a Final Home jean jacket. This was a sample piece, so its the only one of its kind. The material and the neck are the cool parts of this. The denim has a metallic gleam to it, kind of hard to explain and even harder to get pictures of. The neck is my favorite part though, since I don't like the shirt collar type necks common with most jean jackets. And the enclosure is cool too, i think.

picture2ts6.png

The left is a horrible color representation, and I think the jacket looks awkward buttoned the whole way up, and the right is just too dark. So, mix the two and use your imagination.

Last is the most normal one of the lot. Just a black zip up. Its really comfortable, so I wear it more than I should, and its cut really well. No unique 'final-home' quirks here though.

dscn0945sv4.jpg

As I recall, Final Home sell/sold cotton pads to stuff the jackets with that work better than paper.

Yeah they have the cushions on the site, square ones, as well as AK47 shaped and teddy bear shaped toys...

• 4 weeks later...
Cool if you can still get them ... thing is that they sell them in pairs and you need about 16 to pack the jacket out.

Looks like it's about $20 for a pack of 4. 20,000 for the jacket and another 8,000 yen or so for 16 pads if you only plan on using the pockets for insulation.

On the webstore, it appears that they don't have any of the longer version in black. Do they still produce it / do they appear on the webstore? I'm thinking I'm going to break down and just buy one at retail, might a proxy be able to call retail locations in Japan / does anyone know if the listed US stores on the site even carry much of anything?

They still have the long one in black. I almost bought one a few months ago, but I'm pretty sure that they'll never not have them.

Retail isn't particularly bad as they never go on sale. It's like 170 or something. So unless you can find one used that seems to be the best option.

• 1 month later...