Floyd Mayweather Vs. Ricky Hatton

superdupersang

winner of the WBC Welterweight title is...  

33 members have voted

1. 1. winner of the WBC Welterweight title is...

• floyd "pretty boy" mayweather junior
    • ricky "the hitman" hatton

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way i see it, its the the boxer with the best defense bar none, verses a very very aggressive, heavy hitter.

to be honest, im not a huge boxing fan and thus dont know that much about merryweather, except by reputation.

i want hatton to win simply because he seems like such a nicer guy that merryweather, and i dont think hatton will be intimidated in any way and so come out all guns blazing.

but he cuts easily so a stoppage is always a worry with him.

the only way i can see a win is if merryweather has underestimated his opponent and as much i would like him, he would be too much of a professional.

anyway, just hope dumadiscount's link works.

Not a chance in the world Hatton doesn't get the breaks beat off him. But, having said that, I'm really pulling for him. The 24/7 show on HBO is so sick. It makes you appreciate him so much.

yeah i was just watching all of the 24/7 episodes .... cant help but pull for hatton harder ... mayweather's uncle is one funny dude ... all his sentences ends with motherfucker....

^ that sound right. Hatton looked great on his last fight, but Mayweather is just faster.

Hatton did look great - however, he fought a castilo that was way past his prime. I'd like to see Hatton take it and he has a punchers chance, but floyd is in a whole other league.....

floyd is gonna be too fast for him and will systematically break him down. I'm gonna go with floyd by either unamious decision or a late tko.

mayweather took care of business..

If Hatton wasnt such a douche and didnt rush into the fight each round, shit wouldve been better.. He was clearly tired within the 6th round.. Mayweather just played it cool and schooled him..

^^ thats what im saying!

the guy would rush in constantly only to be countered by a left or right jab by mayweather.. I admit though, that the first few rounds Hatton had em on the ropes.. But then he just let go of shit, costed himself the match..

The judges ripped em off though, Hatton clearly punched the ropes..

I admit though, that the first few rounds Hatton had em on the ropes.. But then he just let go of shit, costed himself the match..

The judges ripped em off though, Hatton clearly punched the ropes..

what the fuck are you talking about? hatton had him on the ropes? mayweather was in complete control the entire fight. what other tactic was hatton supposed to employ? when your outweighed, outreached and outpaced by your opponent there isn't must else you can do but come at them, and keep it in close. hatton's tactic was hindered by poor refereeing - it was ridiculous that mayweather was allowed to use his elbows like he was, and that the ref stepped in so quickly when they clinched.

like you've actually been in a fight anyway. i love it how everyone is a fucking tactical mastermind when they're watching a fight. reminds me of a quote from world heavyweight champ and avid chess player vitali 'dr. iron fist' klitschko "in chess, nobody is an expert, but everybody plays. in boxing everybody is an expert, but nobody fights".

Mayweather fought like a bitch and is a boring fighter.

Well...considering that he won by TKO.... and Hatton lost a point for punching him in the back of head on one occassion, I'd hate to see what you label Hatton.

But he'll definitely be going by "Ricky Fatton" for some time, I reckon.

I respect both fighters though, just didn't expect a TKO.

people still watch boxing? damn, i was watching ufc on basic cable and that shit was tight!!!!! warhammer vs. jayrock was a sick match.

His name is Warmachine. And, they both suck balls.

damn thats the thing about good fighters, there is no way to train against getting knocked down the first time. everyones seen that zab judah clip against kostya tszyu, if youve never been dropped you dont know how to react when you finally do. I am assuming thats what happened with hatton

Say what you will, but for the first time in awhile, Hatton made this Mayweather fight at least not a snooze fest. I usually fall asleep watching most of his fights, no scarcasm either, literally.

Heart was with Hatton, but even before the fight, even for a small 147-lb'er, PBF still was significantly more massive than Hatton, so the result wasn't hugely shocking.

Make no doubts, 140 is Hatton's weight class, he shouldn't even think about going more than that. At 140 (and with better refereeing), the fight would have been more fireworks, and I think Hatton would have had a more realistic chance at an upset. But that said, even if he were to go down to 140 (never), PBJ would still be the better technically skilled fighter, though the fight would have been much more balanced.

people still watch boxing? damn, i was watching ufc on basic cable and that shit was tight!!!!! warhammer vs. jayrock was a sick match.

+1... War Machine vs J-Rock was sick. Rooted for War, but he seriously need to work on his ground game. Mac vs Tommy was a no brainer and WTF happen to Guida?? He was working Huerta the first two rounds and out of no where gets rear naked in the third???? Shits rigged. I want to see a rematch