Jackets for fall and winter?

jjs home

What types of jackets are ya'll looknig to invest in for this upcoming fall/winter?

What types of styles, materials, and styles are interesting to you at the moment?

for me I'm really looking for a snorkle styled jacket in a black or dark charcoal heavy wool/peacoat/goretex cashmere material with a fur hood for the really cold days

I'm also thinking about a varsity cut leather jacket in an old air force style, with maybe a custom paint job on the back like the old school air force bombers

nylon flight jackets in solid colors are always in style for me, but I'd love to see these in more varied materials like wool or prinited nylon blends or anything else interesting. I'm also thinking about makng a little project for myself by sewnig a buch of gothic type rock and roll patches noto a classic black nylon flight jacket as well

as far as for the warmer fall days, I've been a track/ warm-up jacket junky and am extremely interested in Total sports exclusive jacket releases as well as mitchell and ness's track styled jackets and adidas classics who are adding sz'z 3x, 4x,5x, 3xlt, 4xlt , and 5xlt to their szing charts soon

I'm also always a fan of furs for the winter as well

Whats on ya'll guys minds though, I'm interested to hear what other genres are looking for for the upcoming seasons

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines and possibly whereever you want me to is up for discussion from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

Edited by jjs home on Aug 18, 2005 at 05:22 AM

hoodies all the way for early fall... seems a lot of sick hoodies are coming up this fall

for colder days, i havent thought about it. as for now, any jacket with proper lining and insulation will do, plus layering of course.. not a big fan of down or snorkle, it looks so bulky...

my winter plans include a nice coat for the nights when i do something special.

a new arcteryx shell for every day.

and 1 cashmere item as i'm not exactly swimming in money. my choice is a polo hoody that I have wanted for heck knows how long. this time i acutally plan on getting it.

and just a bunch of sweaters.

oh, and i REALLY want that scarf from nom de guerres new line. i went two days ago and its not out yet apparently.

while we're on the topic, jj don't you think the snorkel is a bit, well, done?

about 5 yrs ago one of my boys had a black and grey north face snorkel ( when they actually made them in two tone , which owns the solid colors imo) and that was a trendsetter.

but 5 yrs down the line they are getting a bit more play and saying a bit is being too generous.

i think people will be looking toward other things this winter, dont you?

I still have that grey and black TNF two tone, I love it

as far as winter jackets go there aren't many options as far as body styles go. I'm not really talking about your more generic type, it would have to be defined by its styling, branding, and materials. Anything can be new and different if its given a twist. I'm not the type to rock a poncho just cause no one else did. he snorkle is a classic style for my genre

it would be like me saying "you want a hoodie? hoodies have beem played out for many years, every year every brand makes hoodies." I however know that you want a cashmere polo hoodie which thus seperates it from the 1000s of others

I'd say get that hoodie, and wear it backwards with the hood up. Its the best look for a guy who looks like che guevara and tommy lee's anorexic love child.

I kid I kid

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

yeah definetly, thats knida why I've held no to my two tnoe, because its the illest snorkle TNF ever did

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

Edited by jjs home on Aug 18, 2005 at 06:52 AM

The jackets NF did with futura and also the camo mcmurdo's that was japan only are dope. So I don't think snorkels are played.

For winter I want to pick up a Canada Goose.

For fall more hoodies, more track jackets and a denim jacket.

"©opy®ight"

Edited by Letters on Aug 18, 2005 at 09:02 AM

Still not sure what kind of outerwear i'll be investing in this coming season;

Usually I mix it up between the couple Cloak jackets I have, my peacoat and

Burton shell.

I will more than likely get a Y-3 jacket, maybe another Cloak Jacket and well,

maybe another Burton Jacket. I don't have an Arcteryx jacket - any particular

styles yall dig?

I'm still thinking about what kind of footwear to get for the winter. What do you

guys plan to rock? (bootwise)

dig.

VASQUE SKYWALKS!!!

AND TIMBS!!!!

I have 4 diff. Arcteryx jackets (my favorite outerwear of the last 2-3 years now). I'm sure I'll add another for this season, but I honestly have so much outerwear anyway, I'm not really trippin'. I'm all about layering, so it will most likely be tee, cashmere thermal (you and I talked on this), and shell. Doesn't get that much colder in the Bay for me to rock down.

icon_smile_cool.gif

and black is the old black

I liked the sound of that

Edited by jjs home on Aug 18, 2005 at 10:19 AM

I am already starting to save money for a Dior jacket. Either the black leather one or on long wool one with a hood. Can't decide yet.

I'm surprised the military jacket thing is still popular. I got one last season from Flying A and I love it. But I got it on sale at the end of the season so it didn't get much wear.

a>

Snorkle jacket

Wool Polo Hat

Adidas All Blacks rugby scarf, which I tie around my face like a terrorist

Wool University coat by J Crew that looks like that v

155124.jpg

I too am looking for a cashy hoody but I don't want it to fit me mad small.

Smith hoody with thermal lining.

Keep it simple for the winter since Baltimore hopefully won't be that cold.

Edited by Francis Begbie on Aug 19, 2005 at 10:38 PM