Lee Authentics

lucky_cloud

Looked around and didn't see a thread about this already, so I thought I'd ask:

Anybody buy anything from the Lee Authentics collections (X-Line, Gold Label, etc)? How the quality? The raw models look like they might be pretty nice, and they cost a bit less than most of the competition.

This is the 101Z from the Gold Label:

7058841_cl_bk.jpg

I have a pair of the 101z gold label on the go. 5 months no wash yet. Not the hide hair patch, mine are leather patch, which by the way is hanging off! Did a soak to lose a bit of starch before wear. They are wearing real nice and the cut is decent but as mentioned elsewhere the denim isn't the toughest out there. Got some 101z non gold label right behind them ready to hammer once the gold label get to where I want em. Will add that these were my first dip into the denim obsession and that I recognise they are raw denim 'lite' :)

Got a pair of 101z gold labels with the hide patch. I was my pair of raw. Currently @ 4 months of wear. The quality is OK. The denim does feel lightweight. Def not on the level of the Jap repros. But all-in-all they are a nice starter pair, in my opinion.

Can anyone tell me which lees(year), from there vintage line or repros have the closest together back pockets, ive always some lee's but hate the gaping back pockets on my fat ass. these denimes look very nice

http://www.j-fabled.com/mens/items/jeans/denime_lee101model_34-36.htm

Either 1934 or 1936

@lilldavid, you´ve got the 1937 hair on hides, don´t you? please tell me how much they shrank in waist and length? I´ve got a pair of W30, but fit like a W34 ass and a got 40" leg, I hope these will a shring a bit... and how did the denim felt after the wash, still stiff as hell? many thanks!

slightly off topic...lee australia has been doing some good stuff...the supertube which has been around for a few years has amazing colours... b i z z y has a few pairs...this year they started doing a nice high waisted for women...

i am also a fan of the mens lo-slim cut which i recently got in a waxed/coated version...

intothe.jpg

they are a slim straight and have a black coating over indigo the nicest detail being the hair on hide patch in all black...

hey i got a pair of the lee 101z gold label in raw indigo last May, and ive gotta say, they are perfect for california summers. the denim is very thin, and feels almost like its 2% spandex or something (even though it is 100% cotton).

ive been having a minor problem with the stacking though (ive got a 30in inseam and had my jeans hemmed to 32in). While there is no scuffing on the hems, the bottom 2 in of the jeans feel as if they have gotten thinner and flimsier. ive also been getting considerable fraying on the seams where my jeans rub together as i walk.

i kinda consider them to be more "fashion" denim than hardcore denim (are these the right terms to use)?