Paramedics Cut Away My Jeans :-(

AdamJaz

So, I was riding my bicycle through a green light on Sunday night, leading a far from pace line group of fixies. I was cruising at aprox. 25 mph, when a pickup truck took a left turn right into me!

I was thrown through the air, breaking his fender, denting his hood, screwing up his windshield. Flipped upside down, I flew through the air until I hit the road.

I managed to walk on a broken leg to the curb (gotta love adrenaline)... where (after sitting for a while) I noticed my poor jeans had split in the crotch.

All the witnesses called the paramedics, who arrived quite promptly. Then, they cut off my friggin jeans at the left knee! WTF!

When I got to the ER, they cut the right leg!

The ER doc wanted to cut them up the side to take them off, but having established I wasn't dying, I insisted they allow me to take them off.

Now I have a pair of shorts, made from 4 month unwashed jeans.

I need to repair them, with a budget of $200. Gotta love insurance.

Any words of wisdom or advice?

Pictures to come.

Thanks

Haha... I'm getting more money for pain&suffering, medical deductibles, my bike, etc etc... but the guys insurnace is paying me for the jeans, which cost 200...

And I value my life much more than my jeans... 3 days after being released from the hospital, I have time to think about these things, lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

Haha... I'm getting more money for pain&suffering, medical deductibles, my bike, etc etc... but the guys insurnace is paying me for the jeans, which cost 200...

And I value my life much more than my jeans... 3 days after being released from the hospital, I have time to think about these things, lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

Alright...what's done is done now, maybe it was a sign that nudies weren't for you...time for bigger and better things. Come see us in the Samurai thread. ;)

Damn man, I hope you get better. You're seriously lucky to be alive. My cousin was hit by a car on his bike six years ago and was put in a coma. This shit scares the hell out of me.

I like how only 2 of the 20 posts on this thread show concern for a man that would very likely have died.. shame on you guys.

Damn man, I hope you get better. You're seriously lucky to be alive. My cousin was hit by a car on his bike six years ago and was put in a coma. This shit scares the hell out of me.

I like how only 2 of the 20 posts on this thread show concern for a man that would very likely have died.. shame on you guys.

he himself shows little concern

anyway don't worry it's just nudies :P

those fades would have been next level

registered to use the term "next level"

---

Im glad to hear your alive man. Have fun recovering! Read through the Samurai thread and look into the IronHeart 21oz Bike Jean thread. There maybe something that interests you which will be much nicer than the nudies youve got in 3 peices right now.

Take care!

You could always sell the scraps to me... I will pay a atleast 20 bucks for the pant leg that is ripped off.

Wow... those kinds of comments really disgust me.

well to be fair, he doesnt seem terribly distraught by the entire situation. i mean he even stopped the docs from cutting his jeans off while in the hospital. hard to show grave concern to a guy who sounds like hes pretty much fine.