Fake EVISU from Evisu shop in Tokyo??? Please god no!!!

RepdoM

Hi

Just been to Tokyo for a while and decided to get some Evisu No.2's from the Evisu shop in Harajuku (sp?) - I heard that Japanese are much better quality and being in Evisu shop didn't think to scrutinize them closely.

Just got them home and tumbled dried after a hot wash and the patch at the back had totally melted and disintergrated - like it is cheap plastic. This put me on alert so I looked at them closely - the inside tag looks OK BUT the rivets/studs are PLAIN (no Evisu name on them) and the buttons on the fly say "Deluxe Craft & Co" - OMG - they must surely be fake!!!??? - But how can this be from an Evisu shop which is noted on the Evisu.com site.

Can't post pictures till later as camera not with me at minute - but can someone who knows about Evisu please give me an idea as to how the hell I have been mugged like this??

Thanks

Quote: The buttons are supposed to say "Deluxe Craft & Co". [

Err ... OK, but why would that be? I see loads of links on here to genuine evisu which all say Evisu on the buttons and the rivets are not plain.

Quote: While the tag shouldn't disintegrate, you also shouldn't be putting them in the dryer.

It says tumble dry wash on the 3rd line of the ticket inside.

Quote: ahh pete why did u tell him??

hmmm, now I'm paranoid - there is obviously a lot of scope for you to have some fun with me here - but I guess it is worth a shot at asking ... what is the deal with the buttons?

oh, thanks ... these are the buttons ---> http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/img1059324009.jpeg

but - how come, does the fact they are on that site mean they are genunine? why would evisu do this? i'm completely puzzled i must confess, feel free to spell it out to me ...

btw, my jeans are gold gull wings but embroidered, not painted

Edited by RepdoM on Aug 14, 2005 at 02:44 PM

the evisu in japan are made differently with red tab, different selvage, different gulls, buttons, rivets, tags

levis holds the rights to the red tab or somthing like that but in japan they dont so people can reproduce the red tab....the evisu in japan are better than the Eu evisu and yes the jeans on rakuten are genuine

Oh, OK thanks for the info, I should probably change the topic of this thread then. Still, very strange imo that they don't use their "own" buttons. Wonder if these might become rare in time? I will still post some pics if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Because a vendor is listed on the Evisu site does not garauntee that they will not sell you fake Evisu. The store owner could be a legit Evisu buyer (recognized by Evisu), but stopped buying from Evisu for a season and buys from other (off the truck/whatever) to quote on quote save themselves money. The jeans are expensive even on the wholesale end. So it's possible that they got caught with fake stuff. It's also possible that they know they are buying fakes or variants.

At the end of the day it's all about buying from stores with integrity and knowing if you are not comfortable with a product- the store will respect your request to return a product on those terms.