Dudes in Bands Here?

jufros

I'm in band, but we haven't done anything for quite a while...but we're starting to work some stuff up again. It was actually called 'timber' - that's where I got my lazy screenname. Our first show we got hired at an eviromental festival --- hah!

I've been doing some boring stuff by myself though -- I sing, but I'm awful at writing songs.

I recorded this a year ago:

^^great VU song timber..

anyone ever think of a sufu band? everyone records pieces and sends them around for others to put together. i did this over @ guitargeek.com, but somehow the thing got lost in transmission, but i still remember the guitar line..

i have no recorded efforts to show for all my music, or playing thereof.

insomaniac is in a band? which one?

from the old thread HERE :

i did a few years in this band. got to tour a bunch, met lots of cool people, recorded albums.... but we all realized we were not angry enough anymore to play le punk rock. so we disbanded about a year ago.

http://www.myspace.com/amazombies

my current project is called koi. it's a 180 from the forementioned band, we play digital music. we have sort of a trip hoppy side with jazzy vocals, and the other side is just full on dancey tunes with a punk/rock flare. no sound clips yet for this one.

^^great VU song timber..

anyone ever think of a sufu band? everyone records pieces and sends them around for others to put together. i did this over @ guitargeek.com, but somehow the thing got lost in transmission, but i still remember the guitar line..

i have no recorded efforts to show for all my music, or playing thereof.

i've had ideas about that. for the toronto supergays only though. i'd be down for a sufu mixtape type thing. theres lots of people here who i think can rap based on the freestyle thread. that and lots of musicans too.

can i mix the songs if this actually happens? i haven't mixed anything for a long time and i need the practice.

no music from me though.

i've had ideas about that. for the toronto supergays only though. i'd be down for a sufu mixtape type thing. theres lots of people here who i think can rap based on the freestyle thread. that and lots of musicans too.

can i mix the songs if this actually happens? i haven't mixed anything for a long time and i need the practice.

no music from me though.

why just toronto kids? thats kinda lame to call shotgun on only those kids...

no, i had similar ideas like yours about making one with toronto people. but one with all of sufu would be better. im not trying to exclude anyone.

guess it was just the way you phrased it.

i think this can work if we organize it properly.

we can do a different kinda mix, rap, rock, techno, electro, jazz, blues, etc...

t'would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...
I was in a death metal/grind/joke group called Die, Baby Jesus, Die. Nothing really serious though.

And what the fuck at The Faceless members in here. Sweet.

How come every FUNNY joke band is a play on grindcore and death metal...classic.

With that, I bring to you, courtesy of myself and Sonic Drunk Records...Bathtub Abortion

Experimental joke band that I will be putting out...my boy does most of the screaming...I do vox on one or two of the songs...produced and fucked up by me...my boy Mike Geezy (of Bullshark) plays guitar on one song...my girl does some crude background vox as well (she also came up with the name...proud of her).

Funny part about all of it is...a lot of people don't take it as a joke. Since the Myspace page was started in January(2007), Bathtub Abortion has been asked to perform a total of 4 shows around NYC so far.

Feel free to add away...we've got like 10 songs in the stash...two releases slated for '08...fun times.

don't know if he wants it really published or not, but mcflip is in hotcross

i think he outed himself? in a post somebody else made about someone in hot cross having a pair of samurais with amazing wear.

but yeah, hot cross have broken up now anyways.

who else in toronto plays?