Bass Guitars

Brienneoftarth

Did a search but didnt get the answers i wanted. I'm a vocalist lyricist but am having trouble getting a band together and always wanted to try the bass, I figure If i can bring one instrumental element into the mix, I'll have better luck getting something going. It always seems there is a drought of bass players. anyways, I want to know whats the best bass (and convince me between acoustic and electric, im leaning towards acoustic just for practicing in my apartment etc) for under 2000 bucks US. thats retail and i'll def be looking for used items to get it cheaper but thats about what im willing to spend.

your help would be appreciated!

• 4 months later...

2 G's is decent amount. For electric, a fender jazzbass would be a good choice for a more mellow sound. A p-bass would be a better choice for a rock band though. Fender's reissues are nice, imo.

I know its not a bass but I played a fender aerodyne guitar and it didn't feel like good quality. I may have gotten a bad one but the frets were rough along the edges.

no. still get a 4003.

because 4003s are only like 1200

then get a big cab.

and a nyc big muff- older the better, generally.

instant sex-

especially if you're looking for that jesse keeler sound.........kkkkkkkkk

i love you right now.

a man after my own heart.

These guys know what they are talking about. Get a Rickenbacker bass they are by far some of the best basses around. The only thing they arn't too good at are funky typew things but even then they are reasonable. Besides in a band having an acoustic bass is going to be an issue, the other instruments will drown out your sound. You need that big heavy boom when your playing with a band to give the backing and connect the instruments. You can always turn it down when your in your house.

The Aerodyne bass plays pretty well for the price point. Its Japanese made so the quality control is there, the design is sleek and lightweight making it a good bass for live performance. The electronics are a good value and sound nice. If you have any more specific questions about these, or any other basses for that matter, hit me up via pm. Also, hit me up if you are interested in picking one up, as I have a pretty decent hook-up and can save you a little bit of cash.

• 3 months later...