New design---feedback desired

Proletariat

as probably the only bona fide amerindian in this forum, i feel like my input is valuable

for once

design sucks, slogan sucks. way to assume that (as pointed out earlier) that american indians are 1. some sort of species (implicitly/subtly less than human) 2. dwindling in population (we're not) and 3. all american indians are just one race, one group of people.

and to settle the debate, native american and american indian are acceptable, indian can be confusing but is also acceptable, amerindian is more academically correct, indigenous peoples and first nations is a little pretentious but also acceptable, calling indians by their tribe is ideal.

its pretty much like that native american shirt that says "homeland security" on it...

homeland security shirt is a classic, the design is so much better than this one, a lot less contrived

if you want some more constructive/specific criticism, here it is:

-typeface is hackneyed, the only way this couldve been worse is if you used papyrus or comic sans

-pixel border illustration clashes too much with the realness of the picture

-color scheme is reminiscent of corny 80's turqoise and fuscia gyms, aside from that the colors just dont work well together, or with the color of the shirt

-what the hell is dangling from the lower text...? sillhouettes of moccasins? why?

-stereotypical picture. why is it always the plains indians? those fuckers get all the press

and diamonds, do you always do what the mounties tell you to?

I'm a 1/4 Cherokee, although we're not 1000% sure if this guy actually was my grandfather. My grandmother was a ho.

ANYWAY.

Shirt is ugly, regardless of anything offensive. It's kitschy and it reminds me entirely too much of that shit that Abercrombie ran a few years back, where they ragged on a bunch of states in a very distasteful way.

I don't know what your point is; the design mimmicks an attempt at humor, but that doesn't work. It doesn't make any sort of lasting impression as a serious statement, due to it having that humorous edge. In all honesty, for the life of me, I don't know what the point of it is, but all I can come up with is that some dude figured out how to screenprint and thought that his t-shirt company was going to change streetwear.

I dunno. I'm being curmudgeonly.

I'm a 1/4 Cherokee, although we're not 1000% sure if this guy actually was my grandfather. My grandmother was a ho.

ANYWAY.

Shirt is ugly, regardless of anything offensive. It's kitschy and it reminds me entirely too much of that shit that Abercrombie ran a few years back, where they ragged on a bunch of states in a very distasteful way.

I don't know what your point is; the design mimmicks an attempt at humor, but that doesn't work. It doesn't make any sort of lasting impression as a serious statement, due to it having that humorous edge. In all honesty, for the life of me, I don't know what the point of it is, but all I can come up with is that some dude figured out how to screenprint and thought that his t-shirt company was going to change streetwear.

I dunno. I'm being curmudgeonly.

I THOUGHT U WERE A JOO

RNT U A JOO???

NO RACIST JUST AXIN

• 2 weeks later...