Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

You don't know shit about denim, you seem completely uninterested in learning anything. You just talk shit like someone cares. There's a forum for that, get in the fucking trash.

and you don't talk shit? that's funny. and please, do tell one instance, one post, when i was wrong. if you claim i don't know shit about denim -- show me.

To get back to the jeans, I'm really loving how these are wearing in. I don't have enough fading to really post pics, but mine aren't very symmetrical. The right side has more and tighter whiskers, while the left side has a mean, long one down the leg due to the twist.

What kind of thread did you arcs-sewers use? I've never really done any serious sewing aside from repairs, but I though it might be fun to do some experiments on these pockets. Any advice on thread and sewing in the arcs/tab?

To get back to the jeans, I'm really loving how these are wearing in. I don't have enough fading to really post pics, but mine aren't very symmetrical. The right side has more and tighter whiskers, while the left side has a mean, long one down the leg due to the twist.

this happened to my apcs and is also happening to my contests, but it was my left side. i was told that your dominant leg gets the most whiskers when you sit... so i guess my left is my dominant. the whiskers are also more defined on my left than my right. it's kinda cool. also, my left twists as well, so you're not the only one. it's cool to not be symmetrical. well... jean-wise. body-wise, not really.

^

im really working on it. but fuck, i dont think he will. he said more of you need to complain so start complaining.

Give it up already. I don't understand why you want to keep posting on a forum where you clearly are unliked.

P.S. Thanks for the neg. rep.

#100 checking in again.... Had no web access for a while and then was traveling...

Last rinse(ocean swim) in Phan Thiet on 12/27 also had a fucking crotch blow out while there, ugly fix with the hotel sewing kit. Prob going to send to BiG for a proper repair next soak as I tend to go commando and really need a crotch I can rely on..

Next pics will def be taken outside in the sun to actually show some detal and give good color rep. Pretty nice wear going on, train tracks coming in, and nice whiskers. No real honey combs, but those have never really showed up for me.

hot rinse (3rd) on 12/19:

prerinse and really dirty:

1219prerinse.jpg

In HCMC Vietnam 1/1:

11Vietnam.jpg

Just taken 1/13:

113-1.jpg

113-2.jpg

I've decided this thread needs more pictures. I've been wearing these since November 13, 2007, so today is my 2 month day! Size 34, I could have gone down one but I didn't pre-order and just bought an extra pair from BiG so I just took what they had. I'm in High School and have a dress code, so I wear these every night just hanging around, and weekends. Although I just had a 2 weeks break for Christmas, and I wore these every day all day except for 5 hours Christmas eve and 5 hours Christmas day...

Front

1000204ln1.jpg

Back

1000206vd8.jpg

Front, theres a bit more contrast than they have, the whiskers are the right color but the unfaded parts of the jeans are a fair amount darker than the picture shows.

1000208gi6.jpg

Back, same as above, the camera didn't get the contrast, its a pretty overcast day outside.

1000212py0.jpg

1000209kl3.jpg

Wallet fade

1000210td8.jpg

And the patch. No treatment at all yet, although I really like the darker patches so I might try and get some of that Obernoffs or whatever it's called.

1000211fg8.jpg

no adjustments were made to the pictures, and please ignore my dirty hair and the starts of a rat tail. I've got exams this entire week so I haven't combed my hair or anything. And I need a haircut as it is.

Oh and no washes or soaks, I did an initial hot soak, hot dry, cold soak, hot soak, hot dry, then a hang dry and thats it. I'll febreeze every two or three weeks, and I've used spray starch twice on them. I was thinking about soaking them because the waist is huge, like 36 inches, but I think I'm going to hold off for another month, they don't smell or anything.

Hah my belt is on the last hole, the little one you see in the picture, that last one, I made it myself about a week ago use a screw driver and a circular shaped file. It's an old Gap belt, nothing special. I have a dark brown belt that fits me better, but I like the color of this one.

What I really need to do is get one of those Tanner belts :o

And I think I'm going to do a hot soak now, to try and shrink them up a bit. I'm worried about the inseam though, I had them hemmed to a 30" inseam because I forgot that with the next few soaks they might shrink a bit more. I just really want to try and hold off on the soaks, especially because they don't smell now there's really no reason to do it.

If you know they've stretched, no harm in soaking them. Indigo loss will be minimal and you'll bring them back down to the size they were after you first soaked them.

I think you've got room to work with in the length. If you don't mind a little discomfort, after the water's dripped off of them put them on for awhile just to check the length. If you're worried, stretch it out by pulling on them length wise. I can't see you needing to stretch it by more than an inch or so though.

bye4now12 - That sucks that you can't wear jeans to school. I can't imagine you would get that much more wear out of them in the winter but during the summer when you'll be sweating more it would be nice. My jeans look like they don't wear very much during the winter but there are vast color changes during the summer.

bye4now12 - That sucks that you can't wear jeans to school. I can't imagine you would get that much more wear out of them in the winter but during the summer when you'll be sweating more it would be nice. My jeans look like they don't wear very much during the winter but there are vast color changes during the summer.

Idk, I mean you can see I think I've got a pretty decent wallet and cell phone fade, and although the pictures don't really show it the whiskers and honeycombs are coming along pretty well.

This summer it'll be hot as hell, but I'm going to try and wear them a lot to work, I usually work the grounds crew and my old elementary school. And I'll be going to college next year, so for the months of september october and the first two weeks of november I'll be able to wear them every day.

Also just put them in at a hot soak. I would say pretty hot water, the hottest I can get out of the tap. I think I'm going to leave them in for an hour, then try and wring out all the water I can and put them in the dryer for 45-50 minutes on high, and then if they're a bit damp I'll wear them for a bit.

Idk, I mean you can see I think I've got a pretty decent wallet and cell phone fade, and although the pictures don't really show it the whiskers and honeycombs are coming along pretty well.

This summer it'll be hot as hell, but I'm going to try and wear them a lot to work, I usually work the grounds crew and my old elementary school. And I'll be going to college next year, so for the months of september october and the first two weeks of november I'll be able to wear them every day.

Also just put them in at a hot soak. I would say pretty hot water, the hottest I can get out of the tap. I think I'm going to leave them in for an hour, then try and wring out all the water I can and put them in the dryer for 45-50 minutes on high, and then if they're a bit damp I'll wear them for a bit.

I just meant that I think you will see a lot more wear and color change in the summer months, especially if you will be working with that grounds crew.