Recommendations : lace-ups, captoes, oxfords, slim dress shoes

homi29

im having a really hard time finding good shoes in Toronto, so ive decided i might have to look online for something suitable

what im looking for

good quality and comfort

slim profile

not ridiculous priced

preferably black but would consider something tan or brown if it is good

I'm not feeling the general shapes and the square toes on that brand, jeep. Sorry.

s2a has some decent ones on yoox for under $200.

http://www.gimmeshoes.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_28&osCsid=387dd83b98d32d845ee1d750a5678cd5

The f&b ones towards the bottom of the laceup section look pretty nice to me but a bit out of your range.

You can find some in that exact price range on barneys website that look pretty nice and from what i've learned from the Men's Clothing section of Style Forum, they're not amazing or anything but aren't that bad.

I understand, but when i see square toes like that, i just imagine the person also wearing a loud vertically striped shirt, bootcuts and a cocky smile.

I'd like those swears if it weren't for the white sole. Maybe i kinda like the sole. I don't know. AEs are really great option though for cheap laceups. Ebay is your best friend as you can find really good deals on them and they're great quality for the price with a bunch of options.

I still say the Barneys brand would be a good bet. They're most all under $300 and i actually like some of the distressed laceups they have for a pair of casual shoes. I'm thinking about buying a pair soon.

Homi, there is this place called Dacks that has really tradioninal expensive shoes, but they have these super clean captoes there I saw in the window walking past for 200ish down from 400is. I would totally buy them if I just didn't get a similar pair from Bblessing.

Check them out on young st just north of king.

brentwoodd.jpg

That red suede Paul Smith oxford is outta this world. Got more pics and info?

PSandGrenson.jpg

they were on a horrible ebay listing with one pic, wrong size, and including a Paul Smith wallet. I was the only one to bid at $100, and I when I got it immediately relisted and sold the wallet for $70 and kept the shoes.

This was my all English lineup a few months ago, a bunch of them are already sold and gone, I will post new pics soon of what I have now. A lot more american vintage.

The tan wings are Grenson vintage, I sold them because they were a little plasticky.

I personally hate the trend whore oxfords you see on zappos, the only somewhat pointy shoes I own are Paul Smith, I think it looks better to wear a classic shoe , beat up vintage or whatever, with your ultra modern cloak SS x Demuelemester Margiela hoodie. anyway thats just one man's opinion. also I've been brainwashed by Styleforum. :confused: