?? (Not-too-pricey) Good brown leather boots ??

geekbonchic

Anyone got any recommendations for nice, rain-worthy brown leather boots? A full boot or Chukka-style would be cool. The rain's coming soon, so I need to figure this out quick.

what exactly is your price point, as boots can range anywhere from $50 to over $1000.

Anything under $200 would be great. I mean, if you could list a sampling of different boots at different price points, it would be awesome.

I've been thinking of stuff cut like a desert boot (jcrew), and that one's about $138.

But a more rugged boot (particularly one with lots of eyelets) would also be great. Thanks for the help!

i dont know if desert boots or chukkas are ever really "rugged." and im pretty sure they dont ever have more than a few eyelets. but if you want to stick to that cut, clarks classic desert boot is really nice, and rather cheap at about $100.

redwings are nice and rugged. theres a redwing store in fremont if you want to check that out. havent been there personally but i plan to. they are in about the $200

you could also try out combat boots, although they may be a bit too extreme. they are entirely functional, and are really popular in the "what are you wearing today thread" and the style has been manipulated numerous times on the runway. you could probably pick up some surplus for cheap.

if you want some designer ones, just look in the supermarket. theyre on sale alot. about $400 on average. if youre ready to pay full price, go to san francisco and pick some up. dirk bikkemberg usually has alot of boots. designer boots cost around $1000 though.