Superfuture Boxing Fans?

Leonard Leroy

Manny, like Tyson, prefers having room to lunge and put momentum into his straight punches. Manny likes to leap a lot. Manny's best punches are straight punches. He jumps out of the pocket, he stays out of the inside range.

THIS RIGHT HERE

I'm not gonna sit up here and discredit Pac, but Floyd may very well be the greatest counter puncher of all time. If Pac comes with that lunging, sometimes erratic style, Floyd will hurt him, bad, despite Floyd's less than stellar power. I've said this from the beginning, all things being equal, Manny has to KO Floyd to win, and he has to do it in the first 3-4 rounds or else i don't see a scenario under which he'll win, because as good as he is he CERTAINLY cannot outbox Floyd.

what's next for martinez? he's taken care of cintron, pavlik, and williams. after his fight with darren barker, it would be interesting to see him fight the winner of the cotto/margarito. the only thing i see for him is to unify the middleweight division - is the division even competitive?

Funny enough, Pavlik really troubled MArtinez. In the middle rounds he was landing over 40 percent of his shots. People forget that itwas a really good fight, and Martinez was in danger of being stopped in the middle.

Too bad he's an alcoholic.

He could unify middleweight easily, but this is not because of a lack of good fighters at middleweight. Gennedy Golovkin, Dmitri Pirog, Matthew Macklin, it's just Martinez is that great -- or his style is a nightmare to face. his marquee fights are challenges up at super middleweight with bute and the super six, or junior middle, if he keep his momentum for a few years and let some young stars (saul alvarez) develop.

i have to rewatch that pavilik fight, but that draw in the cintron fight was bullshit. "it was a headbutt" my ass

i just don't see martinez dominating the division for long - his marquee fights need to be now. i don't want to see him end up like roy jones - relying on his speed and reflexes for defense.

martinez can take the belt from chaves jr, but i don't see that fight happening

speaking of roy jones, i like him as a ringside commentator, but i just cringe whenever the other announcers talk about how jones "used" to be.

haven't been following boxing much recently so i don't know who is up and coming (saw the khan fight but felt like judah didn't do shit so khan didn't really stand out for me)

but if this money/pacman fight ever happens do you think it'll be the last really big fight for awhile? both of those fighters are going to start heading towards in end of their careers in my opinion...

haven't been following boxing much recently so i don't know who is up and coming (saw the khan fight but felt like judah didn't do shit so khan didn't really stand out for me)

but if this money/pacman fight ever happens do you think it'll be the last really big fight for awhile? both of those fighters are going to start heading towards in end of their careers in my opinion...

nah, i doubt it. if Pac wins, there will be a rematch or if floyd wins convincingly, pac will go on a warm up tour and try to fight floyd again. after that, i think they'll both fight Khan at some point and lastly, i think there may be some rumbling of floyd getting another big payday fighting pavlik, but idk if he'll wanna go up to superwelter

• 5 weeks later...

24 7 mayweather-ortiz ep 1 highlights

floyd sr still wearing a backwards ricky hatton hat

floyd jr calling his dad a faggot

floyd sr calling his son a motherfucker

floyd jr telling sr that de la hoya & hatton fired him

correction: sr fired de la hoya, but let it be known that hatton did indeed fire sr

floyd sr calling his son's record into question "41-1"

floyd jr claims his fiance "miss jackson" is black. i argue she has good hair and is most likely some kind of latino mix

• 3 weeks later...