when you buy clothes.

red

for me it is what i need and what i know il wear, dont get me wrong im drawn to alot of items that are purely down to rarity and one off prototypes, but in all reality down want to own 20 jackets and only wear 5 of them there is no point in me own a selection of derby shoes and lace ups when i wear plimsoles most of the time

would have to be design/cut/construction of the garment cloesly followed by the brand im a sucker for labels which im not too happy about, then aesthetic qualitys like colour texture

but really i know if it fots well il wear it most of the time

but really i know if it fots well il wear it most of the time

Haha thats very true. We tend to go back to clothes we feel comfy in even if its not the ones we look best in.

Despite getting some very loved pieces, if its very expensive I would avoid wearing it so as not to get it soiled or damaged.

Hmm. In order:

First I'm usually looking for a certain item.

Then I usually only shop at certain stores, so I guess brand.

Design

Color

Price

Size

Fit

Usually if the price and fit are the biggest deciding factors, if they're no good, no sale.

Brand - Grown to love particular brands

Fit - Always very important

Price - Not bling bling

Quality - Don't mind spending a little extra

Style - Always want something a little different and original, does not have to be flashy

Color - Always looking to expand the color of my waredrobe

It used to be

look/style/cool

quality

fit

brand

then I bought something that didn't really fit me and couldn't return it (supreme), and am having trouble selling it.

Now it's definitely:

fit

quality

color matches wardrobe at least sort of

brand (this is basically tied to quality for me since but, for example, Patagonia knowing it will be the highest quality)

Quality is what got me interested in all that Japanese repro stuff, and then that led to being more interested in clothes in general.

price - is one article of clothing worth this much? is the price tag large because of the actual quality/attention to detail of the garment or whose name is stamped on the tag?

necessitty- do i really need it? will i wear it more than once?

quality- will it fall apart after one wash?

color- does it go with articles of clothing i already own?

adaptability- too formal? too casual? again i don't want a garment only to be worn on one occasion

design- subtleness is key. it's the little things that count.

fit- yes it looks good. but the more important question: does it look good on me? (should be everyone's deciding factor)

^^ yeah, that SS NN leather jacket for sale for half off in my size was all mine, until I noticed the mysterious white fluid coating the epaulets and the sheepish looking store clerk.

fit, comfort, quality, and weather I know I'll wear it. The last one almost seems the most important, because regardless of how quality something is, if you won't wear it, it doesnt justify any price tag.