How formal can these brown shoes go?

josepidal

I have this pair of Cole Haans (with the Nike Air sole that make them great for walking) that seem versatile enough, since they go with jeans and khakis or chinos. I was just wondering how formal they might go?

I figure they're great with non-black pants and a sport shirt and tie (a normal office attire in the Philippines where I live, since putting on the jacket can be terribly impractical). I figure that makes it okay with a blazer as well.

Would they look fine with a suit?

How formal can you go with them? (No one wears tuxedos here, so what passes for morning business wear in London is probably formal here.)

browndressshoes29xj.jpg

yeah, those are okay with suits. they're very versatile and comfortable. you can sport them with jeans, khakis, or non-shiny trousers. i have gone through several pairs of similar cole haans with nike air. they're great when you travel and can't bring much. as a plus, i've never been stopped at the airport metal detectors because of them as they do not contain any traceable amount of metal. a traveller's best friend.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif