Paris: Haircut / Denim

ardeetee

I've gone far too long avoiding a haircut so I need some help finding a place in Paris that will do a good job and won't break the bank... and more importantly, are there any good places that speak english? My french is still a work in progress. I've seen lots of random ones around town but am a bit apprehensive to drop in so any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Also, (I've searched this forum) is there a place for japanese denim that is available in Paris? I have a friend coming from Japan next week and wanted to try on some different pairs if possible since she's willing to bring me something. So far I've been to 45RPM (more expensive than normal), Colette, and even found 1 lonely pair of Warehouse's at Et Vous. Any info on bluecheese, royalcheese, kiliwatch? Are there any other options?

• 1 month later...

kiliwatch is clearly not the best place for denim, as it carries fashion brands more like Cheap Monday or Dr.Denim Jeansmakers. But the vintage section is quite cool.

Royalcheese/Bluecheese are much better, Bluecheese carries LVC, Wrangler Bluebell and the Lee equivalent line, as well as Edwin, Nudie or A77.

These three stores are located Rue Tiquetonne, in the 2nd arrondissement.

For the haircut, I don't know, but finding a hairdresser is not that hard...

What he said, so if you are looking for japanese branded denim, as far as I know, Paris is definitely not the place to go for.

As for a hairdesser, there is a great japanese one in the 1st arrondissement, rue Sainte-Anne, somewhere between Pyramides and Le Louvre. Besides, there is a Tony & Guy not far from Colette, never went there but as it is a world well known "salon de coiffure", you might want to give it a try.