New house, Empty room...Blank walls

iakonafuji

I'll try and make the story short guys, so bear with me. I just moved into a new house and it accommodates all of my needs. My room is perfect, but the walls are empty and I am itching to fill them with something meaningful.

That was simply said, now let's get to business.

What I want are prints and/or canvases by any artists. Amateur or professional, if you have decent work, I'll be willing to take some off your hands so I can display it in my room. I've come to this forum for help because I know there are some great up-and-coming artists on here that would love to paint a piece and also get their name out there as well. So if you're an artist and you think I'll like some of your stuff, please post an example of your work and if I like it, I'll contact you so we can work out a deal icon_smile.gif I'm excited to see what you all have to offer!

keep it as it is. minimalism is the new black.

hahah yeah, I know what you mean, but the rest of my room, i.e. furniture, is not minimlaistic in any way.

Matt- Thanks for the link to your friends site. I really like some of her stuff and I'll most likely be sending her a message very shortly.

Keep em comin guys! :)

It may not be the best option as it's based in the UK but have a look at www.artshole.co.uk. A massive site with thousands of portfolios from young designers, photographers and artists from across the globe. If anyone's reading this and is one of the aforementioned you can put your own folio on the site free too. Or, if there's nothing there that you like you could look towards vinyl wall stickers from Blik or Domestic who have lots of good strong designs from lots of really good artists. The stickers are easy to slap on and take off when you move out - better and quicker than painting and cheaper than buying prints and editions.

kegan- your room does not look minimal.

p.s. fax me your rastorbator poster. dont give me a link and say make one myself. fax me the whole thing page by page.

fuck you- I live in a small apartment, when I move in october my room is going to be so fucking postminimal- it isn't even going to fucking exist.

And I have trouble with fax machines, so no can do.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=33507