Sign in to follow this  
homi29

Your favorite jackets for fall

I'm looking for a nice jacket for fall. Something light, but still warm enough for nights in sept-oct.

I'm not too picky about a particular style, anything military inspired is pretty cool, or even more casual/functional (a la north face)

Feel free to post suggestions

I'm looking for a nice jacket for fall. Something light, but still warm enough for nights in sept-oct.

I'm not too picky about a particular style, anything military inspired is pretty cool, or even more casual/functional (a la north face)

Feel free to post suggestions

g-star and obey

if you can find anyone selling a Supreme wool duffel coat from last year's fall season, buy like 8 of them. it's seriously the best coat i've ever owned. relatively inexpensive ($250?) compared to some of the high-end stuff that's popular on here (ie: $750 NDG m-65s)

got a pic?

i vaugley remember that duffle, but can't recall how it looked

Guest scruf

northface is pretty good in terms of quality

i also got a really comfortable emporio armani bubble jacket

found a pic in an old catalog

you're right it looks pretty amazing..hows the fit??

if you can find anyone selling a Supreme wool duffel coat from last year's fall season, buy like 8 of them. it's seriously the best coat i've ever owned. relatively inexpensive ($250?) compared to some of the high-end stuff that's popular on here (ie: $750 NDG m-65s)

found a pic in an old catalog

you're right it looks pretty amazing..hows the fit??

slim, but not too slim. sleeves aren't too long, but not too short either. lenght is average, i guess. it's just an amazing jacket, if i knew how much i'd love mine i would have paid twice as much.

I really like some of the fall Obey jackets, it had a gun-shoulder-patch and a nice military collar, looked good but when I went back, all sold out.

Homi - there was a small(really just a few links) piece on Beinghunted about new jackets that may be good for some ideas? Some of them are military spec, some not, but thats got me looking at an Arc'teryx jacket.

richterwaywt201wo4fw1.jpg

Slick m-65. (pic borrowed from Richter)

the only reason why i havnt bought this jacket yet is because of the heafty amount of shipping and fees it takes to import this from japan

The Bless long hooded coat (released every season) is also an absolute classic. 2000db has one that's been worn to death and the way the material age really elevates it to another level.

Have you check the APC narrow jacket? I really like it but cannot find any pictures of being worn.

Nom De Guerre:

nom17so6.jpg

is this pic from 06/07? or are NDG doing an identical one again for 07/08?

i got one last year but it was always a bit too big for me.. would love to have the chance to pick up another this year in a smaller size..

is this pic from 06/07? or are NDG doing an identical one again for 07/08?

i got one last year but it was always a bit too big for me.. would love to have the chance to pick up another this year in a smaller size..

this is a pic from this year. it is the same only the wool is thicker this year. Blackbird in Seattle had them.

i like the NDG M65 but for some reason it looks too bulky unlike the hare m65 which looks much tailored and sleeker...although quality wise NDG is a much better investment. i'd probably cop the NDG when it becomes available...

i remember when that supreme duffel coat came out towards the end of the season, it looked fine but the material was a bit crap. for the most part, you can't cover up cheap wool (esp the way it wrinkles) unless you blend it with synthetic fibers - this is my problem with wool h&m / zara / uniqlo goods. everyone needs at least one sportish wool jacket, yup i'm bored so here's my lineup. i'm on a real layering kick so everything is meant to be worn that way except the harrington:

light jackets early fall:

6450jew.jpg

a little heavier for later fall:

508l45v.jpg

homi-what size are you?

i've got a Noah duffle that you migth be interested in with rope toggle enclosures

123.jpg

pm me if interested. anyone else for that matter.

i like the NDG M65 but for some reason it looks too bulky unlike the hare m65 which looks much tailored and sleeker...although quality wise NDG is a much better investment. i'd probably cop the NDG when it becomes available...

i agree, i tried it on the other day and it was so shapeless. kind of just sat on my torso.

A few that I've been eyeing the last few weeks.

Nom De Guerre Heavy Wool M-65

nom14.jpg

iDiom Pilot Jacket

01.jpg03.jpg

iDiom 2.5 Continuim Jacket

20070627-090725-z956.jpg

G-star Navigation Jacket

photo6283gu6.jpg

G-Star Hooded Jacket

photo7402jz9.jpg

Nom de Guerre Waxed Cotton Hooded Parka

look13qb6.jpg