Working at American Apparel

naturaljax

Okay, I just had to chime in after reading this, but this is totally false, unless they want a lawsuit on thier hands. Abercrombie and other retailers who once told employees they 'must' wear thier clothing also dealt with the same thing.

They cannot 'make' you wear thier clothing. They may encourage you to 'look the part' but that is the furthest they can go.

I guess they do? I don't know the details of it really.

I suppose it's no different from a uniform or a dress code. I think it was band shirts were okay, but nothing like a tee shirt that said "quicksilver", or "armani exchange" or anything obscene like that.

im gonna apply to the Evanston one when I get back to chicago because I need an extra job, and it's super close to my campus. Hopefully my waywt shits will be enough for their application. How's the discounts and what not for employees?

yeah, seconding this question, give some details about the job please

in my campus town, AA is about the best I can do, unless I wanna wait on cheap half retarded hollister bros all night

Everyone that works at the AA store near me have to wear AA clothes at work i think. Usually 2 sizes too small. I've also heard that it's really tough to get jobs there, at least in towns with a population that is hip to the brand. In gainesville, it's pretty much impossible because so many college/hipster high school kids apply there. Doesn't seem too terrible to work there. Really boring just folding and hanging tons of clothes but whatever. I don't know if there is an AA soundtrack or if the employees play their own cds but it's the worst dime a dozen hipster garbage in the world. Good luck.